People Can Change in a Flash

It was the first day of Junior year and Peter was dreading it. He loved school but he hated Flash. Okay, he didn't hate Flash, he was too pure to hate anyone, he just hated Flash's actions. Peter got dressed and put on his nano-tech watch. Over the summer he kept the project from Tony because he wanted to impress him. When he finally finished it, the watch could generate his Spider-Man suit and web shooters. Tony told him he was a literal genius and could easily make it into MIT, even at his age, if he applied. Peter just shrugged off the comment, he would miss Ned and MJ if he just left High School.

     Peter ran out of his apartment after Happy texted him. After taking Tony to ride on a subway once, he insisted on Happy dropping him off at school and picking him up when school started up. Tony HATED subway trains.

     Happy dropped Peter off at school and the moment he left the car Happy sped away. Peter assumed he must have been in a hurry or was tired of his constant rambling. Peter walked through the doors of the school and made his way to his locker. He sighed when he saw Flash at his locker. Couldn't he leave him alone for one day?

     "Flash, could you please move?" Peter asked in a fake nice voice. God, he just wanted to go home.

     "Can I talk to you first?" Flash asked. He didn't demand it. He didn't sneer or scoff. He was just genuinely asking, and that alarmed Peter. His spidey senses weren't going off, so he decided to see where this would lead.

     "Sure," Peter said. Flash grabbed his hand and dragged him into an empty club room. 

     "I want to say sorry for bullying you through the years. I was in an abusive household and I was...jealous. I was jealous that you have a great relationship with your aunt, I was jealous that you're smarter than me, and I was jealous that you managed to get a Stark Internship. And I felt that if I bullied you, it would make me less jealous and feel better. I'm so so sorry. I know sorry doesn't fix anything, but I hope one day we could be friends." Flash said. 

     The warning bell rang and Flash left the room. Peter just stood, frozen, and shocked. Flash apologized? He was in an abusive household? He was jealous of Peter?

     What the hell just happened?