Chapter 2: Happy Anniversary

Pinky was singing the song that they sang in their college days.  Sunil hugged her tight and he opened her hair that was tied in a half pony.

"You look the same as you looked, 20 years ago," complimenting so he touched her cheeks and she was passionate enough that she locked her Pink shaded lips on his brown one.

Sunil was enjoying her passionate kiss and he slowly opened her earrings.

She was falling for him like the olden -golden days in the year 1998, when they got married. He was lost in his thoughts while  caressing her hair and she was silently listening to his heart beats.  She had tears in her eyes, thinking about the past....

Sunil was bashed badly by Pinky's relatives and goons when he had gate crashed to stop her from getting married to Vicky.  His only mistake was he had put his photograph in her Mom's letter as prospective groom for her.  He had replaced Vicky's photo with his, just to make Pinky fall for him.

They were in love but a prank by Charlie, Chichi and gang had led to a lot of misunderstandings between the lovers. She did not check on what wrong message her friends passed? and Sunil was even thrown away from college. This guilt, she carried even on their 20th Anniversary.... Though the same day, the families accepted their true love,  Sunil was hospitalized for the injuries he had after the attack.  He was unwell for a week.  After recovery they had a small engagement ceremony without much glitter and glam or loud noise at Sunil's home.

Their marriage ceremony was held in Goa. The venue was a bungalow where Pinky was born. It was grand and Pinky wore a pink gown and Sunil was wearing a grey suit and pink shirt complementing his wife's attire, during the reception.

Though, theme or destination wedding were not popular those days,  they set a theme,it was black and white.  Old songs full of romance, especially of Mohammad Rafi were played on their reception. 

Though they were lovers,  their first night in full swing happened only after ten days when they went for Honeymoon to Mahabaleshwar.  Her father had asked them to go to Mauritius but Sunil was not keen as he believed now Pinky was his responsibility.  No matter, if she will be sacrificing her richness behind....
She will be living as per his middle class standards.

Sunil was turning pink,  going to their first night hues.....

It was a pleasant cold night and they had not taken any precautions that day.  They slowly felt each other and became one body, one heart and one soul.  Pinky was feeling drained after the act of love and he had got a big tin of Strawberry ice cream for her which was their all time favorite.

Next day, Pinky had refrained from making love and called him wild.

He was sad and to make her angry, he kept the family planning condition. She was not initially happy as she wanted a baby immediately.  Honey moon days were bliss but once they joined the college, love was like honey in search of the unseen moon.

"Our love is much beyond lust...", Sunil will often say....

They had struggled a lot in life as Sunil was adamant that he would not be a part of his father in law's business of tours and travels.  He did not believe in making easy money and hesitated to join him,  until Payal was born.  His mother's business was small scale and he suddenly became conscious of monetary value then.  When Payal was two,  his mother had passed away and he was under big shock.  Pinky had supported him with her love and care. He had told her that without her around and his smiling baby girl it would not have been easy for him to survive.   He loved his mother so dearly and that he was an Orphan now.  Pinky had taken him to her Goa home for a change and another disaster struck.  His factory was under fire and he was shattered.  He somehow paid the people who survived in that accident, a big amount as compensation.  Two people had died and he had taken responsibility of their family.  He had taken huge loans and he took a job in Administration in a private company  being an Arts graduate.  He was hardworking and he was promoted as a Manager.  He was doing well with the job,  yet his responsibility of those two families were killing him from inside.  Pinky asked him, if she should take a job and he refused stating that their daughter needed her care. That was the time when his father in law asked him to join their family business.  He worked there after office hours and helped that business to grow along with his employee loyalty to his company.  His employer company of fruit exports too did wonders due to his hard work.  Slowly and steadily, when Payal turned 5, they saw a better life, day by day.  Payal was their charming little Princess who always boast of being born with a Golden spoon.  She got everything that she demanded and her new demand was an iPhone and an Apple iPad after her tenth standard results.  She also demanded a family tour to London.  The foreign tour was a promise to her if she scored 95% marks in tenth standard by her Nana.  After the Mom -Dad's anniversary, the third day was her results so without a sibling around she was busy with their pet cat Mimzi, talking about her dreams and worries about life.

Sunil and Pinky got their space. They were making love on their bed of roses.  Sunil had decorated the bed with Rose Petals and Orchid.  He gave her the bouquet and a diamond set worth ten lakhs and that was his very first costly gift to her in their 20 years of  marriage.  He helped her in tucking her Saree and slowly whispered :

"Happy Anniversary,  Jaan Tere Naam...... "

She hugged him tight and buttoned his T-shirt and they walked hand in hand to the living room.  They were going for a secret date but Pinky suddenly hesitated that Payal will be alone at home.  She is under the influence of crime related shows  and Payal has learnt Karate,  Sunil tried his best to convince his soul mate.  He wanted to have a dinner date with his wife - his heart ♥ and soul, at any cost on their big day.

She was convinced and Sunil gave Payal some money to order her Pizza or Subway meal.  She kissed her Papa as Pinky had put her on strict diet, stating that she was gaining weight.  Pinky was relieved when Payal's friends came home for a small snacks party arranged by her daughter and they assured that they will have some good time when Sunil and Pinky were going out.

Pinky always had some knee pain issues after her delivery, she had gained weight. She often visited the doctor and even if they were going for a date,  she would tell :

Payu, Mamma is going to doctor. 

This time too she was trying to fool her daughter and Payu said:

Mom,  I know, Papa and you are going for a dinner date to Sun and Sand.  I heard Papa was reserving a table. 

You are very naughty, Sunil pinched his daughter's  cheeks,  playfully while Pinky slowly hit her head and chided :

We are friendly parents but Payu you need to learn manners.... Tomorrow,  when you will get married,  we will be blamed for everything. 

Sunil had sudden tears in his eyes and he was emotional.

Papa,  please don't be sad.... I will never get married.... Payal hugged him tight. 

My princess will marry an adorable Prince.  Papa will arrange the best palatial wedding for her.  He was smiling yet tears were rolling down.

Papa,  you are getting late,  Payal playfully punched his back and the couples walked towards their car.  Payal was waving them Bye.

Sunil opened the door for Pinky and he took the driving seat.

They drove, while the monsoon weather was adding a Romantic flair to the air.  Pinky rolled down the Windows as soon as it rained. Sunil on the other hand wanted to play with the rain drops. 

Pic: Google

Video : You tube link..... Do see it to get feel of the movie......

Hope you are enjoying the story....