Chapter 29: Farewell

Payu was crying and searching for her cat Mimzi. The cat was nowhere. Sunil tried to cajole his daughter stating that Mimzi must be playing in their garden.

He quickly got ready and he was supposed to go and pick up Pinky from Dr Bajaj's clinic. She had pregnancy-related sickness and the sweets that she hogged in the afternoon in the engagement party gave her trouble. His mother-in-law had informed him about Pinky's condition. She was puking and his MIL had asked him to come to the hospital. As soon as he got ready, he received a call from Roshi. He was supposed to give a welcome speech when her groom's family arrived.

Sunil was not in a great mood. He just had to find out Mimzi and meet Pinky. He asked Rajat to do the welcome part. Rajat agreed to his would be the father in law. He was poor with his vocabulary though good in speaking English and Sunil assured him that he will WhatsApp the speech.

After welcoming the groom, a group dance was planned by the girls. Payu was not responding to her calls and Roshi was angry. Sunil searched Mimzi for half an hour in their garden.

 Sunil searched Mimzi for half an hour in their garden

Payu had searched her cat 🐱 all over. She had looked into their beautiful pots and shrubs in their sprawling garden. Her Mimzi is really dead, she thought.

She was disappointed and sleeping on her bed wearing her nightdress and weeping, loudly. Sunil entered her room and asked her to get ready for the engagement function. She was crying and stubborn that unless she gets Mimzi, she won't go anywhere.

Papa caressed her hair and gave her a tray of her favourite chocolate from their fridge. He promised her that he will buy an Aquarium for her. Right now he needed to go and check over Mummy and she has to forget about Mimzi and get ready for the function.

"What should I wear?" she questioned Sunil.

"Wear the Diwali dress. You have still not got an occasion to wear it. " Sunil said pecking her forehead.

"OK, Papa." She said...

Payu got ready munching the cubes of chocolates. She wanted matching shoes and she went to the terrace to check for her pair. She came down screaming. Mimzi was really dead. She was eaten up by a rare species of birds.

 She was eaten up by a rare species of birds