Chapter 41: Coffee and talks

Sunil and Pinky visited their favourite coffee and ice cream parlour. Pinky wanted to have strawberry ice cream and Sunil ordered it with love for his sweet wife.  She ate like a child and shared some with him.

  She ate like a child and shared some with him

They already had four cups at a go. The ambience was cool and the couple sat cracking jokes like college students. College memories hardly faded from their mind and there were too many things that Sunil had forgotten but Pinky reminded him. Some of the incidents were funny, some were serious, yet learning experiences.

Sunil would imitate the professors in the free period and the whole class enjoyed. Pinky could visualise their flashback and she painted a picture for her love. He was forgetting his worries and so was she? They just wanted to rewind the time and go back to that campus love. 

"Past was pleasant

"Past was pleasant. Past was hurting. Leave behind the past, so easy to say, anyway live in the present. Life is a  lesson." Pinky read the inspirational quotes from Author-ME. It put a smile on her face.

Mummy- Papa were missing their daughter. They were discussing her.

Sunil was wondering how will he send her to Pune?  He had hardly stayed away from her. Pinky was fine with her staying away. She had stayed in the hostel and now Pinky was thinking broad mindedly.

Papa had double minds. His day started with the smiling face of his princess and nights felt incomplete without her goodnight hug. When he travelled,  he often missed her so much, now it was a matter of two years. It seemed difficult.

"He just wanted Payu to be safe. She needed to forget Rajat and stay away from all negativity around. "

Papa also did not want her to see the arrival of the next baby in few months ahead. She may not like it. Papa had his fears and Mummy had her worries. Pinky was hiding them. She can't see her hubby so tensed.

Pinky was jabbering and Sunil pretended that he was listening.  He was not.

The song played in the Coffee shop while Sunil ordered his favourite Caffe Mocha...

Tere bin main kya, mere bin tu kya
Ik dooje bin hum akele
Dono ke man se, man ke milan se
Lagte hain sargam ke mele
Haaye haaye haaye...

Sunil was in another world thinking of his daughter.  Pinky felt a sudden action inside her belly. She began. praying for a boy child.

The song  in the background, flashed a memory in front of her eyes. In the final year, they had danced on this song on their annual social function.

Pinky had shopped her dance costume and called for parlour girls to deck her up. Sunil was happy in his kurta that he used for religious functions. He was not willing to spend nor bought a new pair of traditional outfit for him. Pinky had fought with him. They were just married and Sunil did not wish to spend extra for him. He was not interested in dancing too.  

" This is the last college gathering and these days will never come back. Let us dance and enjoy every moment and make it a history." Pinky had told him. He danced just for her. He was visualising a scene -"Her skirt was so long that while dancing, her toes got entangled into a thread. She was absent-minded while taking a turn. She almost slipped and to save herself, she, in fact, pinched his shoulders so hard. He almost gave a painful cry but he was the most expressive Prince. He gave a cute expression, the audience was so lost in that dance. " 

Pinky too was lost in the same time. She was in a confession mood.

" Neil,  did  I hurt you that day? You never asked me about that. You still feel, I hurt you deliberately but it was just an accident." She explained.

" Why are you going backwards? I am not in that happy mood to discuss these shitty things we did in college." Sunil's brain growled but he could not spit out these rude words. 

He smiled and said:

" Pinku, it is still hurting." He winked.

She called him closer and he went near her. She dropped her hand key. He was happy to help her.

He bent and lifted it.  She too bent and implanted a kiss on his forehead. He was surprised.

" After a long time, love was pouring in. It was not that love had vanished from their life. Love was very much there. Yet at times invisible like air. One often fails to express it, time flies and many times love is unexplainable, unexpressed or unseen. "

Sunil's eyes were teary.  Before he could say more, his phone rang loudly. 
Sunil excused himself. He received a firing call from his father in law. The reason behind was that he don't consider them as his own parents.
He had not informed them about the fact that he lost his job.

Payu had learnt about it from somewhere and she had unknowingly discussed it with her grandparents. She regretted as she heard her Grandpa's conversation. 

" Papa will not spare me." She was scared.

She was giggling thinking of a  silly plan she made to test her Papa's love for her. She was planning to go to Mahabaleshwar with Rajat. Her home just had the main door but her Mummy's home had low height balconies, back door and front door. If nothing worked then outside  exit from their terrace, excited her.

The girl still believed Rajat loved her. He had already screwed lives of 7 girls. Payu was the 8th one.

 Sunil was frustrated. He was ordered to join his father in law's office the next day. He was not keen but emotionally blackmailed.  He was least interested and he always believed in getting jobs without recommendations. 

He was sure, his boss Sudhansu will hire him back, but he did not wish to join.  He could not refuse his father in law who was dominating in nature. He can still be a villain in their 20 years of marriage,  gave him goosebumps. To his relief, Dr Karthik messaged him. The detective agency, he is working with is setting up an investment company, supported by a co-operative bank.  Sunil can give a formal interview and join them.  He can be a secret detective, and earn
well in  role reversal as a bank employee. Happiness knew no bounds.

The flash of smile faded. He was waiting near the car for Pinky. He was shocked to see, she came out with Pihu hand in hand.

Keep reading...

Keep loving...

Keep voting...💖💖

The happy news is this story is nearing 1000 reads. Spread the story to your friends who are Ronitans and love to read. I am addicted to watching Jaan Tere Naam every now and then, just to keep this love story of Pinky and Sunil alive. The pictures used are my screenshots from the said movie and Sainik. 

Do pray for Payu. We don't know what will happen to her in the Rajath trap?