Chapter 6: Morning and Bye

Payal woke up early in the morning. It was 4  and there was still darkness in the sky. The rain drops were kissing the parched Earth. Payal loved to hold those drops or get wet with little droplets falling on her through her window. But she was in hurry. 

She knew Papa will be leaving by 5 and she quickly took bath and got ready.  When Papa went for business tour to far away places, Mummy dropped him to the Airport and this time Payal decided, she too will go with them.

She wore a light green sleeveless top and her jeans; combed quickly and walked down to the living. She thought mom and dad will be there in the kitchen but Papa was all alone sipping his green tea and munching his soaked almonds. She sat in front of him and wished him Good morning...

Where is her mother? and her eyes were searching her, no matter she was very angry with her mother.

She finally asked, Where was she?

I was an odd man out.... Papa answered with a smile  but it was not coming from his heart.  Payu knew as usual with grandma around,  Mom must have slept in their room and Papa must have been left alone. 

I will drop you to the airport Papa... I look like a big girl,  Payu smiled...

What if you are caught without license,  my princess ?

I will go by the A/C bus, Papa added...

She knew there was no meaning in arguments as Papa won't listen to her. 
I can at least drop you to the bus stand.... Please Please Please.... She said in babyish way.

Sunil made a funny face and he walked to their Pooja room.  Payal too rushed behind him and she saw Papa lit a lamp and quickly prayed something.  He then lit a lamp near his Mom's photograph and Payu saw there were tears in his eyes. 

She too felt like crying and unknowingly a fear was gripping in her mind. What if she will loose her parents and destined to be an orphan? What if she dies an untimely death? What if she is kidnapped and can never see her parents ever?

She hugged her Papa tight. She wanted to cry.  But she can't be sending her Papa with a crying face.

I love you Papa.... She said...

Love you too, Papa added and kissed her forehead.

Don't fight with Mamma,  all the best for your results and be a good girl for a week. I will be back and time will fly like a butterfly. Papa will get your iPhone.  Payu was not ready to separate herself.

I am not going forever,  my princess.... Will get chocolate for you, please release me, Papa whispered.

Payal held his hands and he took his suitcase.  Rajath was on his way to Juhu and he honked his car seeing Payu and Sunil,  walking towards the bus stand. He offered them a lift. Sunil remembered the song with the pleasant rainy day.  He wanted to spent some time with Pinky at the beach.  He was also feeling bad that she did not wake up to bid him bye.

To take out the sad feeling, he sang:

In the morning
In the morning
In the morning by the sea...

Rajath and Payu enjoyed Sunil's song and all three were enjoying the rain, drive,  Antakshari, songs and excitement around. 

I am going to see the Sea Gull and play badminton on the beach...  Rajath added.  My bestie Nishant is coming to give me company.  You can take a bus to home Payu  from the airport road or train to home, Rajath said bluntly.