Chapter 17: Kismat Connection

Payu slept on the Sofa, crying whole night. She could not imagine another sibling coming in her life. She was the princess of her parents. She was possessive now. Pinky too was not that happy with her pregnancy. Within next 5 to 6 years Payu will get married. Pinky was dialling Sunil but he did not respond. He was down with fever and chest congestion in Singapore. A young female Dr Aashiya was taking care of him.

Pinky was unaware about Sunil and his condition.

She decided to call Neeta, Sunil's cousin who loved Pinky like a sister. Neeta's phone was busy and Pinky had not told about her new creation
to her mom. Her father was not feeling well so she had taken him to the hospital. After that she had dropped her parents home in her car. On the way towards home, she felt giddy. She visited her friend Risabh Bajaj,a gynaecologist by profession. She complained that she missed her periods and asked him medicines to induce it. She didn't like to eat Papaya, Pineapple or any other natural remedies to solve her problem. Papaya gave her big clots and Pineapple gave her rashes.

Risabh asked her about the last intercourse she had with Sunil and she just remembered the recent one, during their anniversary. She was not ready to take a test. But Dr Bajaj did his duty. He confirmed that she was pregnant.

He asked her to confirm tomorrow morning for surity with a pregnancy kit and visit him. His wife Prerna gave her a healthy meal to eat and had dropped her home, then.

Pinky had mixed feelings. At one end she wanted to abort but on the other she wanted a boy child to take care of them in their old age. She was now thinking like a narrow minded person. But what if again a girl? She was questioning herself. But again her mind told her that in her case too she was a single daughter and she is taking care of her parents like a son.

Her thoughts were disturbed when Neeta called her up.

Pinky started crying and was feeling shameless for getting pregnant after 20 years of her marriage. She was happy when she was pregnant with Payu in her womb. She was 23 at that time, though 5 years have passed after their marriage and it was a long wait for her.

Her mother in law took good care of her and she had waited for the baby, eagerly to come to the World. Her 9 months with puking and other uneasiness was taken care of by her mother in law. Sunil had cared for her the most and from lovers to husband and wife, their walk towards parenthood had beautiful memories attached to it.

Again after so many years, she was preparing her body for motherhood, the best blessing that makes a woman complete. She was not happy this time. She was worried about the society and she forgot that she was young, even now. Her first child came to her in the bloom of her youth and she got married at 18.

Neeta was happy with the news and she tried to make Pinky understand that her thoughts were just whimsical.

" Accept this pregnancy as God's blessing or Prasad. "

She should wipe all the negativity inside and stay happy. She felt better after speaking to Neeta but she asked her not to pass the news to Sunil. But Neeta sadly told her Bhabhi that Sunil Bhaiya is too busy these days and have not even replied to her messages.

Pinky told her that he was at Singapore and his phone is on international roaming so that can be a reason for the little communication gap.

She slept peacefully after the chat with someone close and she felt better.

The next day bloomed and she decided to speak to Sunil. Dr Aashiya discharged him and he was taken to her home. Aashiya did not have a family and she asked Sunil if she can tie a Rakhi to him. Sunil happily agreed as Woman would chase him or flirt with him as he was handsome.