Chapter 13: Payu ki pagal panti

Pinky's friends from the neighbourhood had arrived. They were getting the best aroma of food and the cake baked by Payu.

pc: Chocolates and cakes Fb page

Payu's friends Roshiba, Rajath and Poonam had helped her to make Paneer gravy, phulkas, dal and pulav.
Her Nana and Nani, Vicky uncle and Papa's close friends were invited by Payu. They all praised her for the food she prepared without involving Mom or elders. Payu got lot of gifts and on the same day, she received her iPhone gift sent by her Papa. People assumed it was a party announcing her 💯 percent result and all sidelined Mimzi who was wearing a Red band and a bell 🔔 in her neck. She also adorned her head with a Pink joker cap. Some petted her yet nobody wished her. Mimzi too had a story.

She was born in Karadneighbourhood and when all the kittens were packed in a plastic bag to be dumped, Mimzi escaped and hid herself in Sunil's home. She was mewing under their bed and Payu decided to adopt her. Sunil and Pinky did not go against her wishes. Both of them loved her and treated the cat as their daughter. They always wanted a second child but it could not happen.

Mimzi was treated like a Princess and even her birthday was celebrated with party and fun.

Payu told the guest that they were here for Mimzi and her success celebration will be in the weekend and good news is that her Papa will be back by then.

All the guests left in the evening with cake cutting and popping hot Samosas that Roshiba and Payu had made, watching a cookery channel. They were perfect, tasty and crispy. Compliments poured in for the cake and Samosa.

Pinky was busy with her parents and Payu some how did not enjoy their presence. She wondered why is her Mummy so attached to them? On the other hand she did not think that she was so attached to her parents and like her, Sunil and Pinky were single child of their parents. Sunil really missed his mom and Payu too loved her Dadi. She was simple unlike her modern grand parents from Mum side. She had fixed it in her mind that Grandparents can't be modern. They should not speak English and always visit temple. While her Nani always attended kitty parties. Nani was laughing loudly and she was feeling a bit odd and irritated. To divert her mind, from her new phone, she made a first call and Papa was excited to say:

Happy Birthday to Mimz that irritated Payu. She could not stand Papa loving the cat extra. Though she loved Mimzi a lot.

Pc:  Face book fan page

Pc: Face book fan page

The father and daughter chatted like friends. She was telling him about the gifts that she received today and praises bestowed on her for being intelligent and also for the delicacies she cooked. Papa drooled at the thought of Samosa as it was his all time favourite. He sang the song that he loved to sing in his college days :

Garam Garam Samose pe apne jeb thandi.

Payu could not control her laughter with that song. And Sunil said:

Jyada Haso mat, Varna raath ko Mummy Rula De gi .

Mummy is busy listening to Nani's lullaby and she giggled.

Sunil knew that Payu did not share a good Chemistry with them and he did not like to bad mouth about them. Initially like Payu, he too got irritated when Pinky neglected him with her parents around,but they have accepted him as their son, now more than a Dammad.

So what are your plans? Papa asked his princess.

"I am going for a date," her tongue slipped as she forgot that she was talking to her Daddy and not a Teenage Buddy.

Papa's voice got little stricter and he asked :

Payu, What do you mean?

I am joking Papa, she said.

Sunil was relaxed then. He did not think much but Payu knew that it was not the right age for her to fall in love or indulge in an affair. She knew at the right age and time they will support her to do a Love marriage.

She wanted to keep her things more secret now and after talking for few minutes, she disconnected the line.

Do love has an age?
My ♥ heart is like a blank page
Love is like a sage
Yet in a cage
A deep feeling without rage

Payu played with rhyming words and poetry flowed her feelings in her slam book.

She sat on the recliner and she received the call that by 9.00 Rajath will pick her for a secret date.

She was excited but what will she say to Mummy? Her grandma will raise many questions and she won't be allowed to move out of the home made her sad.

She called up Rajath and asked for an idea. He quickly said that they can say they are all going to give condolence to Nishant for the sudden demise of her father. It was a crap idea but Payu wanted a way to convince mum and also see to that she don't talk to Papa at that time.

She had already excitedly told Papa that she was going for a date. Yet she was scared what if Mummy and Papa discuss this internally and snatch her freedom? They were not cruel but super cool and best mom -dad. Yet, the movie Dhadak was in her mind. She had read and seen movies were hero or heroine are put under house arrest or are body guarded, if their affair was brought out in the spot light.

She decided to hide her Mummy's phone in a safe place. But Papa can call on Grandparents mobile. She involved all of them in chatting. Soon Mummy and Nani went to walk in the terrace.

She switched off Nani's mobile and put it under their bed. She put Mummy's mobile on silent and took out the vibration mode. She kept it in the wardrobe. But Nanu's mobile was in his Safari suit pocket. She started talking to him sweetly and took his phone. She blocked her Papa's number.

Oho! I have a Criminal Dimag, she was laughing in her World.

She was imagining Papa saying :

Payu, you are very Sharp Bachaa. He would always compliment her with this words when she played little mischief or gave him witty or out smarting answers.

Payu was successful in her mission of hiding all the phones and keeping it Papa proof. She was sitting cross legged on the couch, just waiting for her love to call her for the first date.

PC: Cover by my friend Gunjan

Hope you enjoyed this part.

Keep reading
Keep liking
Keep Voting
Keep loving

💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖💖