Chapter 10: Papa's love story

Good morning, Papa wished Payu...

Good morning , Papa, How are you? She jumped from the bed.  It was almost 11:30 in India and sharp 9 at Papa's place.

I am good,  my princess and I have ordered your gift today.  It can reach you any time, Sweet Heart,  Papa smiled and he was feeling proud of his daughter.  He asked her what she was doing and where was her Mom?

Payu giggled at the thought that Papa wanted to desperately talk to Mummy.

Kal Hein toh video call kiye thee, she complained. Toh abh kyu bat karna hein aapki Biwi se, she asked giggling.

Papa:   Shaitan bachaa, OK.  Batao kaunsa movie dekh raho Ho Mummy ke saath... 

Papa sounded funny.

Dhadak, Papa... It is a love story with a tragic end.

Ha!!!I know but please listen to me,  ask Mummy not to drive in the night, go to Karad early in the morning. I heard that it is raining ☔ badly in Mumbai and the roads are flooded,  no need to mention pot holes. 

Payu yawned and was bored with Papa's lecture. She ran to the kitchen and she smelt the smell of Kurmura chivda,  Corn chivda and biscuit cake.  Now Mummy was rolling Besan ladoo...

Excuse me Papa,  talk to Mummy she interrupted.

Pinky's hands were dusted with ladoo mixture so Payal was holding the phone for Mum...

Mamma was blushing while Papa was talking to her.  Soon he began lecturing her and she said :

Mere Baap ne bhi etni lecture Nahi diya aaj tak.

I thought Payu would enjoy night drive but I have to listen to her Baap now.  OK we will drive in the morning.  She broke in to laughter and 5 times, she said bye but their talk continued for 40 minutes.  She even asked him what he was wearing? and he told her that he was wearing a  black suit and white shirt.

She told him that she was wearing his favourite Red Saree and he said something and in the very thought, she touched her face and it got dusted with the besan stuff.  Pinky was not at all conscious that her daughter was listening to their conversation while holding the phone.

Sunil disconnected the line and Payu helped Mom in rolling the ladoos. 

Mom,  tell me about your love story please, Payu insisted...

Kya, Love story ke peeche padi hein.  Pinky chided...

Please Mummy bolo na,  Payu made a child like face with a powerful nag.

It was a beautiful love story,  Jaan Tere naam.  We both studied in Silvassa Xavier's college and we stayed in hostel those days.