Chapter 34: Crime scenes

Sunil was disturbed. His Payu baby was unwell.  She woke up and cried in intervals and five days passed in tension at Dr Bajaj's home. He couldn't understand why Pinky behaved strange? She did not come to meet her daughter. Even she was unwell and Sunil was now misunderstanding his wife and love of life.

Relationship grow stronger with every passing day. Years strengthen the bond but this time 20 years of love easily dissolved like salt in the water.  A sense of being alienated suffocated a happy family.

Screenshot by ME

Screenshot by ME

Sunil could not even think of a day without Pinky. They had their misunderstandings in their youth too. Like every ideal couple,  they patched up easily. This time there were walls of Ego between the lovely couple. 

Payu was upset. Soon she realised that her mother was very much alive.  "Mummy no longer loves me. She is nurturing a baby inside her.  She is more selfish and I hate her. " Payu told Dr Karthik. Only Dr Bajaj knew Pinky was unwell with pregnancy complications. She did not want Sunil to stress. 

She had attended the funeral of Poonam,Payu's friend. There was nothing much remains of her. Her mother Pihu was missing. The last rites were conducted by their colony members. The girl was sexually assaulted, burnt alive. Pinky was upset and worried where was Pihu?
Pinky knew her daughter was poisoned. Her Papa was with her so Pinky was bit relaxed. She was asked for a month bed rest. She knew Sunil will come and meet her. Sunil could not concentrate on his job.  He was asked to resign by his senior. He felt Pinky's pregnancy was turning into curse. He believed in curses and blessings. For a fraction of second, he decided to kill himself. Pinky was rich and her parents would take care of their daughter and grand children.  He caressed his daughter, kissed her and all negativity vanished. He spoke to Dr Aashiya or inspector Ravi. He decided to resign keeping his head high after Payu was discharged.  A few more days passed and Payu was discharged. She had fractured her hands. She lied she fell down from the balcony. She was killing herself instead. Rajath did not come to meet her. Something was wrong...

Screenshot by ME

Screenshot by ME

Payu just recollected her childhood memories with her Papa. His smiling face.

"Love is a dark fantasy. It is blurry and bleak." Payu read a quote by famous poet ME...

"Indeed love is fake. " Payu thought. She stole a cigarette from her Papa's case when she was alone in her room.

Roshiba her friend took care of her but again her marriage ahead distracted her. So much happened on her engagement.

A friend was dead. Some people were missing. Robbery and crime but Roshi had rosy dreams. She had given CCTV footage to Sunil. Her job was done. Sunil went to his office to resign but his main boss took his side. It was the case of his self esteem and he resigned. He walked out from his office free minded. He got a cheque of 50 lakhs, half of his dues were clear. He called Payu and Roshi to coffee shop. There he saw something fishy.

Payu had her favourite milk shake and Sunil gulped his coffee. Roshi relished her junk while another bad news came their way. Rajath was dead in a car accident. Roshi excused herself without breaking the news. Sunil too was reading the same news on his mobile. He called up his mother in law to take Payu home from the coffee shop. The mother in law busted her anger on him. She did not listen to him just said that Pinky was in ICU. 

Sunil's heart ♥ stopped for a moment but God sent an Angel for his help. It was Dr Ashaiya's phone call. Sunil cried out. He needed her help. Sunil was driving to the hospital. He knew Payu can't bear Rajat is dead. Pinky is critical. Poonam cremated in a bad state and Pihu aunty too missing. Papa had lot of tension and he resigned from job.

Aashiya was in town. He hugged Aashiya and asked Payu to be with her. She is her buwa (Father's sister). Aashiya was good to Payu and she just had a good time with her new aunt finding Dudo game in a hotel room. While Sunil drove to the hospital. He had his fears.  He reached the hospital. The smell of spirit and medicines suffocated him. Crying faces,  hopeful faces and happy faces around gave him some optimistic feel.

He prayed Pinky should be well. He just wanted to kiss her cheeks like her old Sunil. He just wanted to hear her telling :

"I love you Neil. "

His legs were trembling in fear and heart beating faster. He just prayed for his wife and life with in her. He blamed himself for cursing the baby. May be he and his family were having a tough time.

He saw Pinky was sitting on the hospital bed and his mother in law feeding her some soup. He saw her from the glass door. He just wanted to tell her that he will love her forever.

He wiped his tears. She was breathing and he knew all evils will perish. He just needed some faith to overcome his fears. He wanted just his family safe.

A  beautiful lady was walking with a chocolate bouquet. She was going to meet her boy friend who had some gastric issues. He craved some chocolate and she wanted to fed him that  hiding away from the doctors.Sunil borrowed a chocolate. He was ready to pay but girl smiled. He grabbed a red rose 🌹 from the flower pot and tore a page from bill book.

He wrote :

Chocolate is sweet like Love;
Rose is fragrant like Love;
I am sorry;
I felt you don't love me.

I have my worries;
I have my sorrows;
With you on my side;
We make a better tomorrow.

Cover pic : My friend Neilesh 😊

Keep reading
Keep loving
Keep voting

💖💖💖