Chapter 39 : Do what you love?

Aashiya aunty had made cheese sandwich for Payu and Karthik. 

Payu wanted to run out from home. Her Rajat had messaged her that will go for a drive to Pune in the night and come back in the morning. She was super excited.

The girl knew, it would work well only if she somehow reached Mum's home.
Papa was not cheerful these days and she felt, he hardly spoke to her.  She was bored. Aashiya and she played, cooked and went for garden walks but she was not happy from inside.  Roshi had not informed her about her wedding rituals, taking place in her native place. She was missing her friend Pooh.  

Pihu aunty behaved strangely. There was nobody of her own. Ashiya aunty was still an acquaintance.

She went to Sunil's room to check what was the scene between Papa and Pihu?

Sunil was looking out of the window and he was desperately waiting for Karthik to unfold the mystery of  smuggling racket.

Sunil did not know Dr Karthik had already reached their home. He was relishing the sandwich and discussing the plight of a gyneac with Dr Aashiya. Karthik loved to gossip, especially with ladies.

Payu punched playfully on her dad's back and this time, he did not laugh or hug her.

He simply asked :

He simply asked :

"What?" with a frown on his forehead.

"Papa,  I want to go for a haircut and from there, I am going to meet Mummy. "

Sunil made a face that clearly indicated that he was not that glad to send her to Pinky's place

Sunil made a face that clearly indicated that he was not that glad to send her to Pinky's place. Before he could say something, Karthik knocked on the door. He smiled and Payu exchanged a flirty smile.

" I want to go for a haircut. Karthik will drop me to the salon and from there grandma will pick me. " Payu had already made her plans and this time Sunil decided to be calm.
He nodded a yes but he was planning to join her and Karthik to the Salon.  He wanted to make sure that his daughter is handed over safely to his MIL.

Payu walked out of his room and Karthik winked at her.

The dark discussion between Sunil and Karthik began. The later showed  photograph of Asha to Sunil. He remembered seeing her in Roshi's party.

The shocking elements of crime story was building a deep curiosity when Karthik revealed facts.

It is not only that Asha had undergone plastic surgery but her friend Tipsy is masked like Pihu. The Pihu that he saw in Yellow dress is original one and one that he saw at Charminar was duplicate. She is unaware that her husband is alive.

He had met with an accident and Asha had saved him. Asha is not only into drug dealing business but in making of venom.  She is also involved with Pihu 's brother MCMohan. They were  morphing
artefacts and tactfully robbed gold,  silver and bronze idols from Museum's and duplicated paintings. Not only that they involved in immoral trafficking.  They also sold babies and toddlers to goons. Apart from human trafficking they are also in illegal organ donation. They save victims who are helpless and use them. They have taken out Pihu's husband's kidney and made him go insane.  They might kill him anytime...

Sunil was shocked to hear all this and he wondered how Karthik had all this information?

Karthik, now unfolded the secret to Sunil. He is a Dr by profession, indeed! But there is something more to it. He was a secret investigation officer working under a CID team earlier. With due permission of popular CID - Daya,  he is on special investigation to get Asha, the queen of Crime arrested. 

Sunil was awe-stricken. He decided to tell Pihu that her husband is alive but she had already married Kevin. It was a real roller - coaster ride for Sunil. What should he do? He wanted to meet Pihu and Pooh. There were lot of misunderstanding between the mother and the daughter.  He did not think of Payu now and decided to go and meet Pinky.  He was stressed with lot many things happening in his life but now he wanted some love time with Pinku.  Karthik and Payu drove towards the salon and Aashiya was planning to do Mumbai Darshan.  Sunil went to a gift gallery to buy some gifts for his wife. In the night, he was going to have some deep discussion with Karthik at Antiquity bar. They wanted to go more into deep planning for getting Asha arrested. Sunil planned to be friends with Asha in disguise. He just wanted Pinky to trust him in whatever move he take ahead in his life.

But why was he interested to do investigate this?  It is a cop's job. He was not one but he always loved to do what he loves to do?

Sunil  bought a teddy bear but this time he also bought a book with positive quotes.  He and his Pinky wanted some peace in their life with many hardships around.

Life was questioning them in a different way. They have to take decisions with regards to Payu's education.  He wanted to think about his future and Pinky's safe pregnancy period.

He reached his wife's mansion after a sweaty drive to learn that she had gone to watch a movie with her  friend next door. The friend was a male and Sunil was jealous. 

"This jealously was love in 20 years of marriage. This jealously was a proof that their love won't fade. This jealously was strength to be together,forever and ever. "

The servants treated him very well with a heavy lunch and the guest room had a beautiful view of the mountain and trees.  Sunil covered himself in the blanket and went for an afternoon nap.  He was dreaming flying horses and swimming butterflies. He was in a Topsy-turvy world where all was good with pleasant surprises.Reality was something else. It was 6 pm and nobody was at home. He was all alone in the palace of his wife. He was trying to call his mother in law but she was busy in her own kitty party. Pinky had gone out to shop.  He was worried about Payu but the information that she was with mom made Sunil feel lighter. He had his dinner with father in law and slept for some more time before meeting Karthik.

Keep reading 💖
Keep loving 💟
Keep voting 😊

PC: Sandwich by my friend Neilesh
Sunil and Payu is a screenshot by ME. Hope you liked it.