Chapter 44: Haunting Zombies

Sunil heard a shrilling cry..

"Help me. Help me ..."

The sound was very much like Payu. Sunil was worried. He forgot the real reason of why he was in zombie fort? He ran here and there but he could just hear the sound.  There was no-one...

It was a prank by his CID boss. He wanted to distract Sunil's attention.  Sunil was giving a practical surprise test. He could not concentrate on his first mission of recording the smuggling dealings between the two groups.

His junior Andy had video recorded one deal.  He could clearly see the diamonds exchanged and hear the code language they used.

"Andy is very smart."Sunil thought.

After all Andy  had a work experience with Justice King - JK.

CID boss was proud of Andy but he shouted at Sunil. He called him names and insulted him that he lacked concentration and have less brains.

The words humiliated Sunil.  He wanted to explain further to his boss who was shouting at him. The boss disconnected the line and Sunil's phone beeped. Sunil received an anonymous message :

"Save me Dad... Rajat has put me in a trap. "

Sunil realised Payu was in trouble. But she called him Papa not dad. He wanted to save his life line and immediately he had an idea. He was trying to trace that number from where the message was sent?

He had invented a micro chip that can track GPS.  He had invented it years back. He was an Arts student but his brains were like an Engineer. He had recently inbuilt that chip in his phone.

He traced  the location as Pihu's bungalow, Charminar.

He was relieved, he knew that place.

Sunil disappeared from the zombie fort without giving any clue to Andy. His mission was to get Asha and her gang arrested.

He had joined secret CID Gang as he
was going to get a better salary as a fake manager and "life was going to be adventurous, " he thought. The first day itself was a fiasco, he was fooled by his dangerous boss. He failed his test was bothering him and on the top of that Payu is in trouble made him go crazy.

Sunil drove rashly to reach the spot.  An old lady was crossing the lane and as soon as Sunil felt there will be a chance of accident, he slowed down his car and allowed that lady to pass by the lane.

"The lady turned back to give him a smile and he saw she did not have eye balls  👀. Her eyes were white and teeth were tarted."

Sunil felt his heart is failing now.

"Welcome to the world of Zombies. "

The lady shouted and disappeared.

Sunil felt his feet was cold and numb. Is he dead?  He pinched himself  to prove that he is ALIVE.

He wanted to feel better and believe that whatever he saw was an illusion. He started dialling Pinky to feel lighter. 

His wife was sleeping and her phone was recieved by their nephew Parchit. How can this happen? This boy died couple of years back due to jaundice. Sunil fainted with fear and his car dashed over a Gulmohar tree.

Some construction workers saw the accident. They took  mercy on him and admitted him to the hospital. He had a shoulder injury that needed to be operated immediately. His family was supposed to be informed. Dr Karthik was in the hospital and he signed the consent form.

Though the construction workers were uneducated, referring to his documents lying in the car, they contacted his family. Karthik did not know this people are smart enough. He did not intend to inform Payu. She will be stressed and she loved her dad a lot. On the other side, Karthik loved
her and couldn't see her crying.

On Dr Karthik's advise , Sunil was taken to the operation theatre. He was in an unconscious state with bleeding shoulders. There was no head injury.

After 4 hours, Sunil gained consciousness. He saw Payu was sitting next to his bed side.  She wanted to hug him tight.

"I met with an accident, baby. Don't kill me with your love. " Sunil joked looking at his daughter. Her eyes said it all.

"She had cried buckets of tears. "

"Papa I love you. I can't think a life without you. " Payu was still crying 😢

The nurse aunty smiled ☺

"Baby,  your Papa is out of danger. You need to take good care of him so that he is totally fine. " The nurse told Payu.

The pain was unbearable for Sunil and he wanted an injection. The nurse refused to give him as they found his heart beats were fluctuating.

In pain he wanted to see his wife.  She was not there.

"Do your mom know that I am in hospital? " Sunil asked Payu.

"No,  Mr. Mahavanshi. Thanks to Rajat he dropped me here. "Payu replied.

She further told him that Pinky do not know about his accident.  Mom had some uneasiness and Dr. Karthik had given her some medicine that is keeping her drowsy.  Aashiya aunty is there to help her though.

The name of Dr Karthik flashed in
Sunil's mind. He had some bad thoughts and serious doubts.

He  suddenly remembered, he had
insisted Dr. Karthik for a flu pill.  Dr had given him some tablets in the morning for headache and flu. It must be intoxicating. Sunil used his extra brains.

"Was now Dr Karthik a villain?" Sunil could not conclude in severe pain.

He lot  had more things in heart to search for an answer. He was happy that his daughter is fine but who was playing the dirty games with him?

This person knew everything about him.  He had lot many questions racking in his mind. 

He was distracted when inspector Ravi came to meet him and the cop enquired about the accident.  This time he did not question like a police but a friend. Sunil confessed he had been to Zombie fort. Payu was listening to him and the Police.

"Why did you go there my friend? " Ravi asked again and again. Sunil refrained from answering.

"I want for getting fresh air and I went out of curiosity to check, if Zombies really exist. " Sunil replied for name sake.

"Haha - So funny... Zombie fort is not a Zoo. My dear friend have you lost your senses. " Ravi added with sarcasm.

"Ahh -"Payu screamed. She started crying and she saw a white figure passing by. Sunil and Ravi tried to calm her down.

"Zombies are haunting. They are chasing you, Papa and kill all of us. " She looked scared.

"That is a story my child." Ravi consoled.  He sent Payu out of the room convincing her to eat something. It was around 10 pm.

"Payu is right. I have heard Zombie fort is full of ghosts. " Ravi exclaimed with fear and a grin on his face.

Do Zombies exist?  Sunil was again restless. The result he was again
unconscious.

Keep reading

Keep loving

Keep voting

💖

PC: Cover edit by ME...

Andy and JK : Fan page  fb