Chapter 36: Tresspassing

A strong cup of coffee and all detective stories told by Roshi was giving multiple ideas to Sunil. Yet somewhere he felt Pinky trusted Pihu and she is innocent.

She looks like a cat, fair and white...
Her smile is always morning delight;
She has mesmerising eyes;
Is she a vamp?
Let us think twice...

Sunil was being poetic with Roshi

"We just have tonight and tomorrow, I am flying for my wedding  pre-ceremonies. I will be out for a
week. With so much happening in our colony,  my parents want the ceremony to happen in a secret place. We can't trust anyone but you and your family will be invited." Roshi told her wedding plans to Sunil. She trusted him more than herself. At times she felt infatuated towards him. He was a wonderful friend.

They waited for 12 am and Sunil checked over Aashiya and Payu. Both his sister and daughter were sleeping sound and hugging tight. 

He and Roshi held hands and decided to secretly enter into Pihu's  corner colony bungalow. Charminar her  second home where Rajat and Poonam were trapped, was again far away.

Sunil had a spare key 🔑 to enter Pihu's apartment and he had got it from Pinky's vanity kit. He knew his wife's hidden treasures and secret places. He smiled with the thought of Pinky.

Pihu home was unlatched perfectly by them and they saw a candle burning. The electricity was switched off. Sunil saw some movement and it was definitely a human. 

Roshi had gathered a bridal saree and jewellery stolen from her home from the master bedroom.  She got a few photos of Pihu and her late husband.  Roshi was curious to know who was Pihu's young boyfriend and their wedding plans? She clicked the picture of bridal saree and took the jewellery that belonged to her.   Sunil just got a diary from the living area. There was a huge library and Sunil was attracted towards Shakespeare's Hamlet. He wanted to read that and he pulled that book and put inside his T -shirt. 

There was a sudden attack. Somebody from behind held him tightly and suffocated him.  The candle light was blown.  He kicked back and attacked that person but his torch fell down.  There was complete darkness.  The person was running in full speed and Sunil ran behind the attacker. It was definitely She, a woman. He could make a guess.

His phone fell down from his pocket and that too broke in the chase.  He pulled the long hair of that person and she ran cutting his palm with a sharp knife 🔪

Sunil's hand was bleeding and he wailed. He almost fainted.  He felt he was dying.  He closed his eyes.  His companion came in search of him. She made sure that there were no threats around. Sunil was lying on the grass with wound oozing out blood and staining the grass.

Roshi tied her scarf  on  her fatherly -brotherly friend's wound.  She always carried a water bottle in her bag and that was a boon.  She sprinkled water on her friend and he was feeling better. They discussed nothing and Roshi helped drained Sunil reach his home. She gave him turmeric milk and they slept till four.  They had to reach Charminar bungalow. It was chilly cold outside and Roshi told Sunil about the ornaments she retrived from Pihu's home. She never imagined that a fashion designer who earned so well can rob her belongings.

Sunil was still lost in his thoughts. Who was it who attacked him? It was a woman, he was sure. His mind was not working and Roshi had to fly. He kissed her forehead and wished her best.  He dropped her home and drove towards Charminar.  His eyes were tired and driving with that wounded hand was painful. He took out his beer bottle and there was inspector Ravi checking on some illegal activities on the road. He caught Sunil for drink and drive. Sunil lied that Pinky fought with him and so he was drinking and driving to meet with an accident.

He didn't want to involve the police in search of two missing kids. Inspector Ravi sent him home and Sunil blamed himself for drinking and driving. He knew it was a criminal offence but he just wanted to soothe his mind. There has to be a plan B now,  Sunil thought. 
He wanted to keep Payu busy.  He knew Payu will be frustrated with the news that all college admissions were closed in Mumbai. Her one year is wasted. Sunil was asked to pay extra donation in a college but he didn't have enough money now. He had already lost his job and need to be careful with his finances. His thoughts were wandering. He somehow wanted to reach Charminar.

He took a bus 🚌 this time.  He reached safely. But entering Charminar was not easy and he didn't have a key.  The bungalow was surrounded by huge walls. Sunil loved mountaineering but the walls were attached with silver electrical pricking wires.  He decided to jump over the gate but there were security guards with gun.

It was not an easy task

It was not an easy task.  He pelted a few stones to distract the guards.  But still two guards did not budge to move. There was a huge mango tree that could land him to the glass balcony of the home.  Sunil just thought of Mowgli now. He loved to climb trees in his teens but now he is a middle aged guy. He slowly climbed over a branch but there were ants. It started biting him and he thought he should get a bravery award for this rescue operation. He was risking his life. He sat on a safe branch, scratching and thinking of the next move.  Like the jungle book kid,  he bravely reached the glass balcony. If he break the glass there will be noise.

It will worsen his already wounded hand. No way was clear. At times when the doors seemed to be locked there is a new way. A ray of hope.
Sunil saw a small open balcony and with the help of the Pipe line, he entered inside.  There was a pigeon nest on the window and he loved nature and refused to disturb them. God is indeed great and someone push opened the door and Sunil hid behind the same.

He couldn't believe his eyes. He wiped his eyes and rubbed it again and again. It was Pihu's husband and he was very much alive.  He was shabbily dressed and stinked.  Sunil felt like puking.

Pihu was now turning into a mystery. She is really a vamp, Sunil thought.  Her husband farted and puked .Sunil felt dizzy.

He out smarted and entered the room.  There was nothing but a stinking commode in a corner. Few food packets were scattered.  He just wanted to to run away but he stamped his feet on the manhole cover. He forcefully opened the cover and startled to seeit was a underground route. This was an Old home built in the British Era. His hands were bleeding again. He had left marks of his blood to be caught on the side walls. He was feeling weak and tired. He just prayed to the Lord that he should be able to rescue children. He took a deep breath and
climbed  down. He saw a dark corner. A girl was crying. He sensed it was
Poonam. She was tied up with a dog chain on a grill. He used his power to break that chain and Poonam hugged him tight.  She thanked him with that hug. But suddenly she pushed him and was trying to again tie herself. Sunil pulled her closer to his chest and she was sobbing. He moved his fingers on her head.

"You save yourself Sunil Uncle please. We can't go out together. The home is surrounded by guards." She told him that her uncle Mcmohan is a villain.

Sunil consoled Poonam. He was not understanding what was the story telling she was doing? She looked hungry and luckily he had a Cadbury with him . He gave it to her and she ate like a beggar. She had not eaten for last two days.  The mystery was growing more mysterious and Poonan was clueless about Rajat. She said  that he was not with her. She was brought alone.

But where was Rajat?

PC: Fb, google and insta screen shots.

Keep reading.
Keep loving.
Keep voting.

💖