Chapter 40: Being together

Sunil was so much tired with the thriller happenings around him. He was missing Pinky and he wanted to talk a lot. After so many days, he had slept peacefully in his wife's palatial home. The AC worked fine, proper dinner served by the servant and somewhere there was mental peace. His father-in-law did not disturb him and it was around 8.30. Sunil was lazing on the bed. 

"Where were his wife and daughter?" He wondered. The feeling of being unloved crossed his mind. He wanted to talk to Payu about Rajat, who is a criminal and he was planning to send her to Pune for studies. His cousin was there to take care of her. She is an adolescent and he wanted to keep her away from family tensions. He and Pinky will miss her but Momma wanted more rest and he needed some space for his things. It should happen fast and he knew her suicide attempt, nude MMS and mood swing patterns, and tantrums will disturb Pinky. He wanted to speak to his love about Charminar and how he saved Pooh? He also had to tell her stories that he really lived up without her.

She would love his stories, put a smile on his face, but he decided not to reveal the characters in detail. He just wanted her to stay away from Pihu until it is proved that she was purely innocent.  He was watching the news and breaking news flashed on the TV...

"Famous fashion designer Pihu marries Kevin. "

He changed the channel

He changed the channel. There was nothing interesting.  He switched off the TV and closed his eyes.

Pinky tip -toed into the room and her husband gave a smile but that was not  great with his dimples on. She called them lie -pit.  He turned and again pretended to sleep.

She sang the song :

Mere wafayen yaad karoge
Rohoge fariyad karoge ...

She saw him smiling and she jumped on him with her full force

She saw him smiling and she jumped on him with her full force.  She got a sudden pain in the abdomen and she separated herself from him.  She simply laid down next to him. The door was wide open and Sunil jumped from the bed to close it.  She sat on the bed and he supported her back with a pillow.  She looked pretty in her fuschia salwar kameez. 

Sunil looked at their 2nd-anniversary picture frame on the wall. They looked so happy and young.  More than making love, they discussed story books and serials. At times they behaved like kids. They were in early 20's.  Maturity as couples only came in after Payu was born.  In 40's too he behaved like a baby with his babies - stubborn wife and bubbly daughter.

He was looking at the picture sitting next to her.

"Do you want tea?" She asked him with a smile. After so many days they were together.

"No please don't go anywhere?"He told her looking into her eyes. 

He wanted to freshen up but he was just sitting, playing with her brown hair that hid her Gray.  She was resting on his chest. Suddenly she felt like playing a mischief and she pricked her finger on the left side of his body. 

"Don't molest me. Please... " He made a false female sound and went to the washroom.

She asked the servants to go home. Her parents had gone to temple and Payu was with them. She was here to spend some good time with her hubby.

Till he took bath,  she was planning to surprise him.  She was reading something on the internet. The morning brunch was already ready.  She pressed his favourite shirt. She wanted to go with him for a drive and eat outside. 

In the bathroom, Sunil , suddenly remembered that he had forgotten to meet Karthik. He was cursing himself and with Pinky around,  he could not call the boy either so he was thinking what has to be done? He decided to take Pinky out for ice cream and call Karthik, diverting her attention.

He came out of the bathroom and he slipped down on the floor.  Pinky laughed hard and he made a sad face. He shook his head and  the water droplets of his hair, fell on her.  She pulled his hair and snuggled close to him. His wet hair and bare chest were attracting her and making her crazy. She kissed on his chest and his forehead. He closed his eyes.  She then kissed his lips, arousing him.

"Pinky you are 5 months pregnant. Control your emotions. " His words gonged into her ears and the romance period ended.  She went out of the room feeling disgusted.

She was not angry on him but herself. Her pregnancy became a barrier and she was carrying it only for the sake of her husband's happiness.  She got some green tea for him with a swollen face.  He thought she was angry on him. 

He had his tea and she was looking out of the window.  She wanted to yell and cry.  She was just praying that she don't outburst her emotions.

Sunil kissed her shoulders and whispered :

"Hey I love you. Just that we cannot make love to the fullest. Dr Bajaj had warned me not to cross the limit and you already have some complications with the pregnancy. I wanted to take you out for lunch but you are not allowed to eat out so let's go to the temple in the evening and may be have an ice cream after lunch. "

She pulled him closer and kissed his cheeks. 

"I want to tell you something yaar... But I don't want to stress you. "  He said slowly.

"I know darling you quit your job. Your boss Sudhansu had called me up to convince you to re-join. I just did not want to bother you." She smiled  and asked him to not to worry. She wanted to tell him something or advice him but she knew he won't like it now.  They quickly had light lunch and drove towards the coffee shop.

He had to say;
She wanted to play;
Was it a right day?
Tomorrow may  ...
Come with some sunshine and hay;
There was a ray;
Yet not today...
Was the right day?

Keep loving
Keep voting

💖

Hope you enjoyed this chapter. Sunil is a screenshot by ME from a show.The couple picture is again a screenshot from a film by ME to represent my lovely characters Sunil and Pinky. Pinky pic from google, screenshot for those who have not seen Pinky for many days and miss her 😅

Thank you for reading...

Poetic rhymes are mine 😊😊