Chapter 12: First love

Payu opened her eyes and saw Mummy was in deep slumber. It was just 4.30 am. Mummy looked beautiful in the Red polka dot gown.

No, Neil please, let me sleep. She called Sunil as Neil when they shared their own space and cozy moments. Payu giggled at the thought that Mummy felt her husband was kissing her. May be he does that in the morning and the romantic spell of imagination of her parents love scenes, made her giggle and blush.

She ironed her dress, gifted by Rajath. Took a quick bath and dressed like a little princess. She made morning prayers as Papa was very religious and firm believer in God.

"God is not someone to whom we should turn when we are in trouble; God is Love and Peace."

"Pray to him everyday for what he has given you.... Thank him for his blessings."

"If you have bad times, it is just test of time. "

Sunil will tell Payu always to pray. He told her stories from Ramanyana and even Bible. His words were ringing in her ears while she lit a lamp and burnt the incense, in front of the Almighty.

She was not a hardcore believer. She was happy always and got whatever she desired? Yet she prayed as a token of Love for Papa and that kept her happy. God was good to her.

She opened the door to make their cat 🐱 Mimzi drink the milk. Mimzi stayed in their Porch area. She was surprised to get a heart shaped box from that space and she opened it without a second thought. It was Red Roses decorated with White Ribbon and she thought Rajath must have kept it. She looked here and there and there was no-one. She did not rack her brains : It must be Rajath or Karthik. But it is Rajath. Lock kiya jaye, she told her heart 😉

Mimzi was put to sleep by her in a plant pot. She went into the kitchen to boil milk and totally forgot about it. She was lost with the flowers and began decorating them in the vase. She clicked a picture and thought of sending it to her Papa. He was her first love, after all. She saw that he had changed his dp and he looked dashing hot.

Papa you look hot and she sent him a message on Whatsapp.

She decided to make language correction and immediately deleted her message. Thanks to the new feature, she smiled and typed :

My Papa looks handsome 😍😍😍😍

A picture of young Sunil

She heard the mew from kitchen and ran to save her milk from pouring out of the stove. But the stove was switched off. There was no-one but Mimzi staring into the milk.

  There was no-one but Mimzi staring into the milk