Chapter 5: Old memories

Payal was very happy with Papa at home. On Sunday's she loved to play badminton with her parents and go for cycling. Papa and she always had a running race and since Roshiba, Rajath and Poonam came as their neighbors, she felt like having a big gang. Poonam was her classmate and best friend since class five, so they spent most of the time together. But after the race she would shoo away her friends as she loved to enjoy her parents company alone. The day July 12, felt like a Sunday, though it was a Wednesday and Papa was home.

Pinky too was excited with her husband at home and she slowly whispered into his ears:

You never take a leave for me. He put his hands into her shoulders and slowly said : Madam ji you never requested me to take a leave.

Jaan Tere Naam.... He winked

Roshiba coughed: Aahu Aahu and Pinky separated his hands.

Payal was seeing a video of Shahi Biryani and decided to make it.

She wanted Biryani Masala and Roshiba went to take it from her home. They had vegetables and long grain rice at home.

Pinky chopped all the veggies : Beans, Carrot and potatoes finely. Sunil helped her to chop onions and garlic. His eyes were watering and Payal was playing with his hair and telling him :

Don't cry baby...

Even her eyes were watering as she was sitting next to Papa.

Sunil gave her scissors and she shouted : We will become biggest enemies if you exchange scissors. Better keep it on the table and I will take it from there.

Sunil smiled at her childish thought and he asked her a riddle.

a+b+b+b+80+90 =100

How is that?

Don't kid with me Papa...

I know the answer, she winked while she was chopping the green chillies and celery leaves with the scissors.

Be careful with your hands, Pinky warned while Payal frowned at Mamma...

Akad - Bakad - Bambe -Bo
Asi Nabe Puree So

Is the answer... Payal said playfully.

You are trying to be KD Pathak... Pinky teased...

Pinky laughed as Sunil was trying to be over smart in front of his little daughter.

The father and daughter were so talkative and there was chatter and clatter in the kitchen.

Roshiba came with the masala. The ladies got to the cooking process.

Sunil left to his room and he was bored. He took out his old albums and flipped the old photographs of their Romantic days. Though he had maintained his figure, he realized how different he looked in his college days and the age was reflecting with the passing time on their face.

He saw a beautiful pictures of them kissing and posing together during their honeymoon days. They had set their imported Fuji camera in auto mood. He then looked at a traditional photo of Pinky on their engagement day. She looked like a goddess decked in jewellery.

 She looked like a goddess decked in jewellery