Chapter 20: Morning blues

Early morning Sunil opened his eyes and he was happy that in the evening he will be with his wife and daughter. He quickly freshened up and rushed into the kitchen. He saw that his Siso, Aashiya was boiling eggs and slicing apples 🍎.

Sunil walked like a cat and pulled her hair bun. Her lustrous hair opened like a Silk and he knotted it with
Satin ribbon. He often did it with Pinky and she loved it to the core. He played the same trick with Payu. He always played with her hair. He loved his doll in open hair and she would at times get irritated with her Papa's mischief.

"Papa, stop it," she would scream.

He loved irritating her, playing with her all pranks like an elder brother

He loved irritating her, playing with her all pranks like an elder brother. He just became a kid like her and at times forgot that he was a father. His daughter looked more serious while
discussing films, music and novels. They were more like friends and Pinky felt that Payu was more pampered than her. If, she threw tantrums, Pinky will say :

Neil, tumne Payu ko sirr pe chadha rakha hein. Thoda niche uthar do nahi toh bahot taklif hogi...

(You have turned her to a spoiled brat)

He was lost in thoughts and he suddenly saw that Aashiya was chopping the onions and her tear glands were pouring like raindrops from heaven. Sunil knew,she was indeed upset and lonely in her life. He tried to cheer her up.

"What are you making for the brunch?"

He asked her with his million dollar smile.

He was wearing the T -shirt gifted by her that read Champions

He took the onions from her hands and chopped it finely. Dr Aashiya, admired his charm and dedication. He then sauted the onions and the green chillies.  The aroma had filled the air with hunger pangs.  He then put some peanuts and turmeric powder.  His phone rang and he got busy chatting with his doll.  Aashiya put the soaked fluffed rice to the wok while she eaves dropped what Papa and his doll were conversing?  Payu told Papa to get chocolate ice cream from the near by shop for dessert.