Vampires

...Potter Castle Dungeons, Potter Castle

Sirius introduced Remus as Alpha of Alphas of the Lycans.

The last introduction had the desired effect and the mask of indifference fell from the face of the captured vampire. Sirius thought it was due to the fact that Remus was basically the King of the Lycans but he was only half right. Olan was afraid because he did not have any idea about the powers or capabilities of the Lycans. His assumptions had already been proven false when one likely low level Lycan had been stronger and faster than him. Neither he nor any of the Kindred would show werewolves, no matter what they called themselves, any respect.

His experiences with the Lycan had not changed his low opinion of the creatures but he would be a fool to not acknowledge their strength and power. Now he faced their leader and considering how much more powerful a Council member was than a brood vampire and how much more powerful the head of the Council was than the other council members, the thought that he was facing the likely equivalent in the Alpha of Alphas terrified him. He had seen Corvan lose himself to his anger against a Kindred and it had been gruesome.

It was that event that caused him to never cross the head of his clan no matter the rewards and now it seemed fate and his own arrogance had caused him to come face to face with an equivalent. He was broken from his fear by the smirk on the face of the human. His pride and indignation at the show of disrespect burned through his fear and he was able to calm himself again and reapply his mask of indifference.

The creature that he could not identify stepped forward, she had been introduced as Mytsi, the target of his mission. That he could not identify her as a fellow vampire shocked him beyond anything he had experienced that night but he was able to control his fear and apprehension. No vampire had ever been able to hide themselves from another vampire when in such close proximity. As a hunter, the fact she could hide herself from him was even more startling. He assumed it was how she had remained in hiding for so long.

It never occurred to him to doubt that she was in fact a vampire as she did not smell human and even though he could not tell she was a vampire, it was clear she held some kind of power within her. The Lycan looked to her and warned her that it was unwise to get too close. She stepped close to the tall man and rubbed his bare chest and said "Be still, Remus, he cannot hurt me." She then turned to Olan and approached.

Olan did not regret dying in service to his clan and sire. Throughout his first life and his second, he had never feared death. Death was a hazard of the job and he was always prepared to face it. He did regret, however, that he would not be able to share all that he had learned with his sire and the rest of the council before his likely death. His ingrained arrogance about vampires caused him to misread what he was witnessing and he now assumed that this vampire had the Alpha of Alphas under her thrall.

The council had not been able to accept that the werewolves had truly freed themselves of their curse and now Olan believed that this obviously powerful Vampire was behind the whole thing. He felt fear once again try to grip him as he considered that perhaps she was indeed an Old One or even worse, that she had been sired by Dravon long before his fall and hidden away. Either option would mean destruction of his clan and perhaps the fall of the Kindred. He pulled at his binding desperate for a way out to either kill her or escape to warn his sire.

For the Potter group, the plan had been simple. They would show a united front to the captured vampire. Make the creature realize that the new vampire had the support of the Lycans and the head of one of the Prima Potentia Magicae and finally demonstrate the power that they could bring to bear if provoked. Unbeknownst to the three people in the room or those observing, the plan was going better than expected as the captured vampire was making conclusions far more frightening than they had intended for him to make.