The Field

......Flashback

......Potter Castle, Ottery St. Catchpole

All of the Vassals and Retainers to the House of Potter had arrived at the castle. All his girlfriends, except Ginny, were present in the castle as well but were in another room as important family business was to be conducted. He loved them all but only Ginny was already part of his family and so they could not participate. It was a celebration and once the important parts were over, everyone would be able to celebrate together. The Weasley family had been ennobled at the day's Wizengamot meeting.

After everyone had gathered in the family room of his castle. Harry and Justine stood on the Potter shield embedded in the floor. "As is tradition and with the greatest blessing I can offer" Harry started before intoning:

I, Harry James Potter, Heir of the Ancient and Noble House of Potter declare that the House of Weasley has in true faith and without deceit completed their duty to the House of Potter and thus their oath is released. So Mote It Be.

Janice stepped forward as was still necessary.

I, Janice de Chambers-Potter, Magical Guardian of the House of Potter do acknowledge that the House of Weasley has completed their duty to the House of Potter and grant my blessing. So Mote It Be.

Everyone felt the magic pulse and a tear trailed down Author's cheek. He knew it was coming as they had discussed it when Harry decided to nominate his family, but he still felt a sense of loss. His family's humble service to the House of Potter had been a point of pride for the family.

However, Author Weasley also knew that as a member of the peerage it was no longer appropriate for him to be under a retainer's oath. However he could now offer himself as a Vassal. It definitely had more prestige but it also required more responsibility. A retainer needed only follow, but a Vassal house was expected to contribute directly to the House of its Lord.

He took a deep breath and then prepared himself to complete the next portion of the planned event. Harry stepped off of the shield and smiled at Ron who looked on in pride and a little trepidation.

House Weasley, step forth in honor and duty and declare your service and allegiance.

From this hour hence forward on the magic of my House and the magic of all who swear service to it, I, Arthur Weasley, Head of House Weasley proclaim my family faithful to the House of Potter, by true faith and magic, without mischievous intent, as a family should be to the House of their Lord and without any will to deceive. So Mote it be

From this hour hence forward by the magic, we, the House of Potter accept the service and faithfulness of the House of Weasley and shall be the seat of their faith till this oath is released. So Mote it be.

I, Janice de Chambers-Potter, Magical Guardian of the House of Potter do acknowledge this oath as just and fair and grant my blessing. So Mote it be.

There was a pulse of magic and then a gong sounded. Arthur breathed in deeply at the power he felt connected to as a newly sworn Vassal to the House of Potter. Many things would change for the Weasley's over the next few months, including redesigning the now former Malfoy Manor into the new seat of the House of Weasley.

Once complete, Arthur would call a meeting of the entire extended family to reconnect with the family magic, which would now have a more powerful link to the Potter Magic. The Weasley affinity for invention would result in its own company that would provide engineering services for the other Vassal families. But for now, it was a celebration.

Percy looked at his family with pride and excitement. It was funny to him that there was a time that he thought his father lacked ambition but he had watched the man flourish under the reconnected bond to their Lord, Harry Potter and that had led to the greatest achievement Percy could have ever imagined for his father and his family.