Dragon King

...London, UK

The magical community in Britain was at it its core a feudal society. Over the years, due to war, global influence, muggle integration and a host of other factors it had strayed in various ways away from that. But despite all of that, it was still culturally a feudal society. Because of that a lot of things remained true. Magicals held to chivalric ideals, they were very respectful of the nobility, power was respected almost religiously and violent deaths and killings were generally considered in the same way as any other death rather than inherently tragic.

For the last one, light Lords like Albus Dumbledore had tried for years to instill in the public a greater aversion to killing and death but had generally failed at it. And so, in the war against Lord Voldemort, most of the fighters on the light side had taken to agreeing with Dumbledore and his "spare the enemy" positions, publicly, while in the heat of battle being just as brutal as the Dark Lord's forces.

Dumbledore's position was well known and no one really knew where it had come from. He had held it through both wars. The dark lord's followers and supporters believed it to be evidence that Dumbledore was willing and intending to sell them out to the non-magical world. That he had accepted the morality of the muggles above that of his own people.

In truth, his aversion to killing was because of the trauma he faced when his sister died. The fight between Gellert Grindelwald and Albus Dumbledore was one of the greatest magical duels in history that no one knew about. The only living witness to it was Albus' brother, Alberforth, and due to the tragedy of the day and his own trauma, the man refused to speak of it.

Of the three men present, none could say whose spell killed the young Ariana Dumbledore, nor could they even say what spell killed her as she died from physical injuries and not magical ones. Gellert didn't really care, nor did Alberforth as he blamed his brother for bringing the battle to their home because of his selfish decisions and saw his brother as responsible, regardless.

For Albus, it made all the difference. For him it caused him to want to forgive everyone in hopes that if it turned out that he killed his sister, he too could and would receive forgiveness.

...Brown Residence, Ottery St. Catchpole

Hermione Granger lived in both the magical and muggle world. Ron, Lavender and all her friends worked hard to make sure that she was able to maintain a connection to both parts of her identity. They all kept up to date with muggle news and world events and her parents were always invited and welcome at all magical events held by the allied families. Also, her friends, and their parents, made a point of accepting invites that her parents issued for things in the muggle world.

Despite this, both her and her parents were slowly becoming more magical citizens than muggle ones. The wonders of the magical world were just too amazing. In addition, the lives that they were being offered in the magical world was just more luxurious. In the muggle world, they were an upper middle-class, but still common, family. In the magical world, her and her family were part of the inner circle of a Duke.

Hermione's position as a willing sex slave in a harem was the last in a long line of personal decisions, before and after the discovery of the wizarding world, that caused the family to abandon standard muggle morals. The fact that the Granger family already thought the morality of their world was hypocritical and nonsensical, in many cases, just made the continued transition to full magical citizenship more and more foregone.

The events of the day broke the last connection for Hermione, and her family, to the muggle world. It was not noticed nor would anyone ever be able to pinpoint it when the family would one day wonder when it happened. Hermione had watched the man she loved above everyone else, kill a man and it had absolutely no effect on her. If she had been in position, she would have killed the man herself. His death did not bother her, nor did the fact that his killer was the man whose bed she spent every night in. She would feel no fear or concern when she would later tell her parents and they would feel no concern for her except the worry any parent would have that their child was in a dangerous situation.