July 2, Ecclesiastes 11

Ecclesiastes 11:1-10 KJV
[1] Cast thy bread upon the waters: for thou shalt find it after many days.
What exactly does that mean? As far as I know if you throw bread on water it will soak up the water and sink to the bottom or be eaten by wildlife.
[2] Give a portion to seven, and also to eight; for thou knowest not what evil shall be upon the earth.
[3] If the clouds be full of rain, they empty themselves upon the earth: and if the tree fall toward the south, or toward the north, in the place where the tree falleth, there it shall be.
[4] He that observeth the wind shall not sow; and he that regardeth the clouds shall not reap.
Is it just me or do most of theses verses not really make a lot of sense?
[5] As thou knowest not what is the way of the spirit, nor how the bones do grow in the womb of her that is with child: even so thou knowest not the works of God who maketh all.
Very true, since God made us there is no way we can know everything about Him, and it is good to remember that when we can't understand things like the Trinity .
[6] In the morning sow thy seed, and in the evening withhold not thine hand: for thou knowest not whether shall prosper, either this or that, or whether they both shall be alike good.
[7] Truly the light is sweet, and a pleasant thing it is for the eyes to behold the sun:
I mean the sun is nice to look at sometimes but you really have to be careful that you don't look at it to long or you could really hurt your eyes.
[8] But if a man live many years, and rejoice in them all; yet let him remember the days of darkness; for they shall be many. All that cometh is vanity.
[9] Rejoice, O young man, in thy youth; and let thy heart cheer thee in the days of thy youth, and walk in the ways of thine heart, and in the sight of thine eyes: but know thou, that for all these things God will bring thee into judgment.
[10] Therefore remove sorrow from thy heart, and put away evil from thy flesh: for childhood and youth are vanity.
It really is not good to be sad all the time, there is definitely a time and place for sorrow but I'm pretty sure it is better to be happy than sad, better optimistic than pessimistic, and better to laugh than cry the majority of the time. Some good life advice I have is "laugh when you can cause you don't know when you won't be able". I try to laugh and make light of whatever I can and it really helps me be happy and have a positive outlook on life. There are definitely some things you cannot laugh about but some things that might not seem funny you can. For example instead of crying about the terrible sunburn I got, I laugh at myself whenever it hurts. It actually helps the pain a tiny little bit 😂😂😂.

Dear Lord, You alone are wonderful and awesome, thank you for creating all the different human feelings and emotions especially humour. Thank you also for everything else you have done for us, it truly is amazing! Please grant my parents and brother the patience and understanding they need to coexist peacefully. Thank you so much for all my brothers and sisters in Christ, thank you that they pray for me and my family and thank you that I can pray for them. Please bless them all and give them whatever You know is best for them. Please bless everyone in my prayer journal and please let my sunburn heal quickly if it is Your will, in Jesus's name, Amen.