Oct 9, 2 Tim 3, Ps 50

2 Timothy 3:1-17 KJV
[1] This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come.

[2] For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,
Lovers of themselves. Makes you think a bit of how the world puts so much emphasis on self-love, self-esteem, ect. John 12:25 says differently, "He that loveth his life shall lose it; and he that hateth his life in this world shall keep it unto life eternal." That's not to say we should hate how we look, or our personalities. God made you unique, just like everybody else. Why would you hate what God made? What John means is that you should love others more than yourself and God more than anyone. Don't hate yourself, just be so concerned with doing what God wants you to do and loving others that you don't have time to be concerned about your nose being too big or whatever else. Also please don't forget about personal hygiene. If you look like a complete slob and smell like a garbage dump, that is not very loving for those around you. What I just said is probably a little bit controversial, so I think I should copy as paste it to the public post thingy. Anything I should add or change before I do that?

[3] Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good,
Without natural affection. That makes me think of abortion. A mother naturally loves her children, yet so many murder their children!

[4] Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;
All these verse describe our society right now.

[5] Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.
This makes me think of nominal Christians.

[6] For of this sort are they which creep into houses, and lead captive silly women laden with sins, led away with divers lusts,

[7] Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.

[8] Now as Jannes and Jambres withstood Moses, so do these also resist the truth: men of corrupt minds, reprobate concerning the faith.

[9] But they shall proceed no further: for their folly shall be manifest unto all men, as theirs also was.

[10] But thou hast fully known my doctrine, manner of life, purpose, faith, longsuffering, charity, patience,

[11] Persecutions, afflictions, which came unto me at Antioch, at Iconium, at Lystra; what persecutions I endured: but out of them all the Lord delivered me.

[12] Yea, and all that will live godly in Christ Jesus shall suffer persecution.
Some people say that suffering is a mark of a true Christian. This verse seems to support that.

[13] But evil men and seducers shall wax worse and worse, deceiving, and being deceived.

[14] But continue thou in the things which thou hast learned and hast been assured of, knowing of whom thou hast learned them;

[15] And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.
Again, it is an amazing blessing to be born into a Christian family, one I often take for granted.

[16] All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
All scripture, not all except this or that verse that you don't like, or makes you uncomfortable.

[17] That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.
I feel like this is a good time for an etymology lesson. As you know, the scriptures were not first written in English. They had to be translated, and there are some differences in languages that can make that difficult. The word 'perfect' here, doesn't mean what we usually think it means, completely free from faults or defects. Because of the fall, we cannot ever be perfect in that sense in this world, we will be in heaven. What the word perfect here means is, being used for what it was made to be used for, or something like that. When we do what God made us to do, we are perfect.

Psalm 50:1-23 KJV
[1] The mighty God, even the Lord, hath spoken, and called the earth from the rising of the sun unto the going down thereof.

[2] Out of Zion, the perfection of beauty, God hath shined.

[3] Our God shall come, and shall not keep silence: a fire shall devour before him, and it shall be very tempestuous round about him.

[4] He shall call to the heavens from above, and to the earth, that he may judge his people.

[5] Gather my saints together unto me; those that have made a covenant with me by sacrifice.

[6] And the heavens shall declare his righteousness: for God is judge himself. Selah.

[7] Hear, O my people, and I will speak; O Israel, and I will testify against thee: I am God, even thy God.

[8] I will not reprove thee for thy sacrifices or thy burnt offerings, to have been continually before me.

[9] I will take no bullock out of thy house, nor he goats out of thy folds.

[10] For every beast of the forest is mine, and the cattle upon a thousand hills.
Everything is God's, we cannot give Him anything because it already belongs to Him!

[11] I know all the fowls of the mountains: and the wild beasts of the field are mine.

[12] If I were hungry, I would not tell thee: for the world is mine, and the fulness thereof.

[13] Will I eat the flesh of bulls, or drink the blood of goats?

[14] Offer unto God thanksgiving; and pay thy vows unto the most High:

[15] And call upon me in the day of trouble: I will deliver thee, and thou shalt glorify me.
He will deliver you.

[16] But unto the wicked God saith, What hast thou to do to declare my statutes, or that thou shouldest take my covenant in thy mouth?

[17] Seeing thou hatest instruction, and castest my words behind thee.

[18] When thou sawest a thief, then thou consentedst with him, and hast been partaker with adulterers.

[19] Thou givest thy mouth to evil, and thy tongue frameth deceit.

[20] Thou sittest and speakest against thy brother; thou slanderest thine own mother's son.

[21] These things hast thou done, and I kept silence; thou thoughtest that I was altogether such an one as thyself: but I will reprove thee, and set them in order before thine eyes.

[22] Now consider this, ye that forget God, lest I tear you in pieces, and there be none to deliver.

[23] Whoso offereth praise glorifieth me: and to him that ordereth his conversation aright will I shew the salvation of God.

Dear Heavenly Father, You alone are mighty and wonderful, praise belongs to You alone. Father thank you so very much for everything You have done for us. Thank you for giving me back most of my health. There are so many things to thank You for, I could be typing them out all night! Father please be near Mr. W's family tomorrow as they celebrate his life at his funeral. Please be especially near Mrs. W. Thank you that I and my family have been able to help organize the funeral. It's such a blessing to be a blessing. Lord please let Mrs. VV be well enough to go to the funeral. Father please bless and keep everyone in my prayer journal, in Jesus's name, Amen