Sept 14, 1 Thes 2, Ps 34

1 Thessalonians 2:1-20 KJV
[1] For yourselves, brethren, know our entrance in unto you, that it was not in vain:

2] But even after that we had suffered before, and were shamefully entreated, as ye know, at Philippi, we were bold in our God to speak unto you the gospel of God with much contention.
We need to be bold speak the gospel!

[3] For our exhortation was not of deceit, nor of uncleanness, nor in guile:

[4] But as we were allowed of God to be put in trust with the gospel, even so we speak; not as pleasing men, but God, which trieth our hearts.
Remember that we are to do everything as to God, and not to men.

[5] For neither at any time used we flattering words, as ye know, nor a cloke of covetousness; God is witness:

[6] Nor of men sought we glory, neither of you, nor yet of others, when we might have been burdensome, as the apostles of Christ.

[7] But we were gentle among you, even as a nurse cherisheth her children:

[8] So being affectionately desirous of you, we were willing to have imparted unto you, not the gospel of God only, but also our own souls, because ye were dear unto us.

[9] For ye remember, brethren, our labour and travail: for labouring night and day, because we would not be chargeable unto any of you, we preached unto you the gospel of God.

[10] Ye are witnesses, and God also, how holily and justly and unblameably we behaved ourselves among you that believe:

[11] As ye know how we exhorted and comforted and charged every one of you, as a father doth his children,

[12] That ye would walk worthy of God, who hath called you unto his kingdom and glory.

[13] For this cause also thank we God without ceasing, because, when ye received the word of God which ye heard of us, ye received it not as the word of men, but as it is in truth, the word of God, which effectually worketh also in you that believe.

[14] For ye, brethren, became followers of the churches of God which in Judaea are in Christ Jesus: for ye also have suffered like things of your own countrymen, even as they have of the Jews:

[15] Who both killed the Lord Jesus, and their own prophets, and have persecuted us; and they please not God, and are contrary to all men:

[16] Forbidding us to speak to the Gentiles that they might be saved, to fill up their sins alway: for the wrath is come upon them to the uttermost.

[17] But we, brethren, being taken from you for a short time in presence, not in heart, endeavoured the more abundantly to see your face with great desire.

[18] Wherefore we would have come unto you, even I Paul, once and again; but Satan hindered us.

[19] For what is our hope, or joy, or crown of rejoicing? Are not even ye in the presence of our Lord Jesus Christ at his coming?

[20] For ye are our glory and joy.

Psalm 34:1-22 KJV
[1] I will bless the Lord at all times: his praise shall continually be in my mouth.
At all times, in good times and in bad. It can be more difficult to praise the Lord in bad times but I actually find it more difficult to praise Him in good times because when all is well we as humans have a tendency to forget God.

[2] My soul shall make her boast in the Lord: the humble shall hear thereof, and be glad.

[3] O magnify the Lord with me, and let us exalt his name together.

[4] I sought the Lord, and he heard me, and delivered me from all my fears.

[5] They looked unto him, and were lightened: and their faces were not ashamed.

[6] This poor man cried, and the Lord heard him, and saved him out of all his troubles.

[7] The angel of the Lord encampeth round about them that fear him, and delivereth them.
God sends His angels to watch and protect His children, nothing can harm us without God's permission.

[8] O taste and see that the Lord is good: blessed is the man that trusteth in him.

[9] O fear the Lord, ye his saints: for there is no want to them that fear him.

[10] The young lions do lack, and suffer hunger: but they that seek the Lord shall not want any good thing.
God will provide for us but he will also teach us how to be content when He decides, in His infinite wisdom, to withhold things from us.

[11] Come, ye children, hearken unto me: I will teach you the fear of the Lord.

[12] What man is he that desireth life, and loveth many days, that he may see good?

[13] Keep thy tongue from evil, and thy lips from speaking guile.

[[14] Depart from evil, and do good; seek peace, and pursue it.

[[15] The eyes of the Lord are upon the righteous, and his ears are open unto their cry.

[16] The face of the Lord is against them that do evil, to cut off the remembrance of them from the earth.

[17] The righteous cry, and the Lord heareth, and delivereth them out of all their troubles.

[18] The Lord is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.
Definitely one of my favourite verses. When you reach rock bottom, God will lift you up. When you are broken into a thousand pieces, God will put you back together, He might not put you together the way you think would be best, He puts you together how He knows is best. I know what it is like to sit on your bed and cry and cry because of problems in life, and know that I never felt closer to God than when I was too broken to hold myself together.

[19] Many are the afflictions of the righteous: but the Lord delivereth him out of them all.
The Lord will deliver you.

[20] He keepeth all his bones: not one of them is broken.

[21] Evil shall slay the wicked: and they that hate the righteous shall be desolate.

[22] The Lord redeemeth the soul of his servants: and none of them that trust in him shall be desolate.

Dear Heavenly Father, I will praise You always! In good and bad, through tears of pain and tears of joy. You know what is best for each of Your children. We may not understand at the time why things happen how they do, but we can trust You and praise Your perfect will. Thank You for being near to us, especially when we are broken. Father, You know who all is going through particularly hard trials right now, You know who has all asked me to pray for them. I ask that You give them You grace to get through these trials. Remind them that You are perfecting them, gold has to be put in a furnace to separate it from the dross. I also ask that You be near Mr. W, Mr. VD, and my aunt and uncle, You know all their needs. Please also be with everyone in my prayer journal, please keep them close to You and far from evil, in Jesus's name, Amen