Sept 26, Ps 42

So I spent too much time writing in My Diary, and now I don't have a lot of time for this so I will just do a Psalm.

Psalm 42:1-11 KJV
[1] As the hart panteth after the water brooks, so panteth my soul after thee, O God.
One of my favourite hymns is based on this Psalm! I plan to record that hymn next, when I have time that is.

[2] My soul thirsteth for God, for the living God: when shall I come and appear before God?

[3] My tears have been my meat day and night, while they continually say unto me, Where is thy God?

[4] When I remember these things, I pour out my soul in me: for I had gone with the multitude, I went with them to the house of God, with the voice of joy and praise, with a multitude that kept holyday.

[5] Why art thou cast down, O my soul? and why art thou disquieted in me? hope thou in God: for I shall yet praise him for the help of his countenance.

[6] O my God, my soul is cast down within me: therefore will I remember thee from the land of Jordan, and of the Hermonites, from the hill Mizar.

[7] Deep calleth unto deep at the noise of thy waterspouts: all thy waves and thy billows are gone over me.

[8] Yet the Lord will command his lovingkindness in the daytime, and in the night his song shall be with me, and my prayer unto the God of my life.

[9] I will say unto God my rock, Why hast thou forgotten me? why go I mourning because of the oppression of the enemy?

[10] As with a sword in my bones, mine enemies reproach me; while they say daily unto me, Where is thy God?

[11] Why art thou cast down, O my soul? and why art thou disquieted within me? hope thou in God: for I shall yet praise him, who is the health of my countenance, and my God.
I'm confuzled, it that hymn actually based on a different Psalm, or is it just based on the first verse of this Psalm?

Dear Heavenly Father, My soul longs for you as a deer longs for water. You alone are my heart's desire and I long to worship You. I love You more than gold or silver, only You can satisfy. You're my friend and You are my brother, even though You are a King. Thank You so much for everything You have done for us, Lord please be with everyone in my prayer journal, I think especially of Mr. and Mrs. W. Father, You know how Mr. W's health is, You know that he could easily die soon. Lord please be with his family and church family. Please also be with Your missionaries and everyone in authority. Please always let Your will be done, in Jesus's name, Amen