August 10, 2 Cor 2, Ps 5

Wow, it's already been three months since I started this! Time sure does fly!

2 Corinthians 2:1-17 KJV
[1] But I determined this with myself, that I would not come again to you in heaviness.
[2] For if I make you sorry, who is he then that maketh me glad, but the same which is made sorry by me?
[3] And I wrote this same unto you, lest, when I came, I should have sorrow from them of whom I ought to rejoice; having confidence in you all, that my joy is the joy of you all.
[4] For out of much affliction and anguish of heart I wrote unto you with many tears; not that ye should be grieved, but that ye might know the love which I have more abundantly unto you.
[5] But if any have caused grief, he hath not grieved me, but in part: that I may not overcharge you all.
[6] Sufficient to such a man is this punishment, which was inflicted of many.
[7] So that contrariwise ye ought rather to forgive him, and comfort him, lest perhaps such a one should be swallowed up with overmuch sorrow.
Forgive others as Christ forgave us.
[8] Wherefore I beseech you that ye would confirm your love toward him.
[9] For to this end also did I write, that I might know the proof of you, whether ye be obedient in all things.
[10] To whom ye forgive any thing, I forgive also: for if I forgave any thing, to whom I forgave it, for your sakes forgave I it in the person of Christ;
[11] Lest Satan should get an advantage of us: for we are not ignorant of his devices.
Satan uses many means to try to separate us from God and each other, including grudges.
[12] Furthermore, when I came to Troas to preach Christ's gospel, and a door was opened unto me of the Lord,
[13] I had no rest in my spirit, because I found not Titus my brother: but taking my leave of them, I went from thence into Macedonia.
[14] Now thanks be unto God, which always causeth us to triumph in Christ, and maketh manifest the savour of his knowledge by us in every place.
[15] For we are unto God a sweet savour of Christ, in them that are saved, and in them that perish:
[16] To the one we are the savour of death unto death; and to the other the savour of life unto life. And who is sufficient for these things?
[17] For we are not as many, which corrupt the word of God: but as of sincerity, but as of God, in the sight of God speak we in Christ.

Psalm 5:1-12 KJV
[1] Give ear to my words, O Lord, consider my meditation.
[2] Hearken unto the voice of my cry, my King, and my God: for unto thee will I pray.
[3] My voice shalt thou hear in the morning, O Lord; in the morning will I direct my prayer unto thee, and will look up.
Often my mornings are so rushed I don't even remember to thank God for my breakfast! It is a personal goal of mine now to take at least five minutes in the morning, before I even get out of bed, to commune with God.
[4] For thou art not a God that hath pleasure in wickedness: neither shall evil dwell with thee.
Some people don't understand this, they say that since God killed and commanded the Israelites to kill evil nations, that God is evil. That is as far from the truth as you can get!
Here is a good illustration I heard once that explains how God can command whole nations to be destroyed and made a place called Hell, yet still is Love; Think of it this way, if someone you love, a sibling, child, parent, friend, etc, was mugged and beaten up horribly, because you love that person you would have a righteous anger towards the person that beat up your loved one. So to, God loves His children, and because he loves his children he destroyed a peoples that hurt and killed many of them, and because He loves His children, He made a Hell so His children can live in a perfect heaven.
I feel like I have been rambling, I hope that all made sense.
[5] The foolish shall not stand in thy sight: thou hatest all workers of iniquity.
[6] Thou shalt destroy them that speak leasing: the Lord will abhor the bloody and deceitful man.
[7] But as for me, I will come into thy house in the multitude of thy mercy: and in thy fear will I worship toward thy holy temple.
[8] Lead me, O Lord , in thy righteousness because of mine enemies; make thy way straight before my face.
[9] For there is no faithfulness in their mouth; their inward part is very wickedness; their throat is an open sepulchre; they flatter with their tongue.
[10] Destroy thou them, O God; let them fall by their own counsels; cast them out in the multitude of their transgressions; for they have rebelled against thee.
[11] But let all those that put their trust in thee rejoice: let them ever shout for joy, because thou defendest them: let them also that love thy name be joyful in thee.
[12] For thou, Lord, wilt bless the righteous; with favour wilt thou compass him as with a shield.
We have been made righteous by Christ's blood! The Lord will bless us and surround us with His favour!

Dear Lord, You are perfectly just and righteous but also loving. Thank you that You love us so much. Thank you so much for everything You have done for us, please bless and keep everyone in my prayer journal, in Jesus's name, Amen