Aug 15, 2 Cor 7, Ps 9

2 Corinthians 7:1-16 KJV
[1] Having therefore these promises, dearly beloved, let us cleanse ourselves from all filthiness of the flesh and spirit, perfecting holiness in the fear of God.
Go through your thoughts and actions lately, is there anything that is filthiness of the flesh? If so, cleanse yourself by confessing your sins to God. He will forgive you and make you clean.
[2] Receive us; we have wronged no man, we have corrupted no man, we have defrauded no man.
[3] I speak not this to condemn you: for I have said before, that ye are in our hearts to die and live with you.
[4] Great is my boldness of speech toward you, great is my glorying of you: I am filled with comfort, I am exceeding joyful in all our tribulation.
Can you say you are joyful in  tribulation? I honestly can't. But I can say that I trust God is using the trials he gives me and you for His glory.
[5] For, when we were come into Macedonia, our flesh had no rest, but we were troubled on every side; without were fightings, within were fears.
[6] Nevertheless God, that comforteth those that are cast down, comforted us by the coming of Titus;
God has comforted me in me lowest time when no one else could.
[7] And not by his coming only, but by the consolation wherewith he was comforted in you, when he told us your earnest desire, your mourning, your fervent mind toward me; so that I rejoiced the more.
God will turn sorrow into joy!
[8] For though I made you sorry with a letter, I do not repent, though I did repent: for I perceive that the same epistle hath made you sorry, though it were but for a season.
[9] Now I rejoice, not that ye were made sorry, but that ye sorrowed to repentance: for ye were made sorry after a godly manner, that ye might receive damage by us in nothing.
[10] For godly sorrow worketh repentance to salvation not to be repented of: but the sorrow of the world worketh death.
[11] For behold this selfsame thing, that ye sorrowed after a godly sort, what carefulness it wrought in you, yea, what clearing of yourselves, yea, what indignation, yea, what fear, yea, what vehement desire, yea, what zeal, yea, what revenge! In all things ye have approved yourselves to be clear in this matter.
[12] Wherefore, though I wrote unto you, I did it not for his cause that had done the wrong, nor for his cause that suffered wrong, but that our care for you in the sight of God might appear unto you.
[13] Therefore we were comforted in your comfort: yea, and exceedingly the more joyed we for the joy of Titus, because his spirit was refreshed by you all.
[14] For if I have boasted any thing to him of you, I am not ashamed; but as we spake all things to you in truth, even so our boasting, which I made before Titus, is found a truth.
If you speak the truth, you will have no reason to be ashamed.
[15] And his inward affection is more abundant toward you, whilst he remembereth the obedience of you all, how with fear and trembling ye received him.
[16] I rejoice therefore that I have confidence in you in all things.

Psalm 9:1-20 KJV
[1] I will praise thee, O Lord , with my whole heart; I will shew forth all thy marvellous works.
God does not want half hearted praise or devotion, praise Him with your whole heart!
[2] I will be glad and rejoice in thee: I will sing praise to thy name, O thou most High.
[3] When mine enemies are turned back, they shall fall and perish at thy presence.
[4] For thou hast maintained my right and my cause; thou satest in the throne judging right.
[5] Thou hast rebuked the heathen, thou hast destroyed the wicked, thou hast put out their name for ever and ever.
[6] O thou enemy, destructions are come to a perpetual end: and thou hast destroyed cities; their memorial is perished with them.
[7] But the Lord shall endure for ever: he hath prepared his throne for judgment.
[8] And he shall judge the world in righteousness, he shall minister judgment to the people in uprightness.
[9] The Lord also will be a refuge for the oppressed, a refuge in times of trouble.
[10] And they that know thy name will put their trust in thee: for thou, Lord, hast not forsaken them that seek thee.
He has not and He will not forsake those that seek Him.
[11] Sing praises to the Lord, which dwelleth in Zion: declare among the people his doings.
I've probably said this before, but my youth group along with a few others does this! We sing psalms and hymns in a public park every Friday night, so we praise the Lord, and declare Him and His doings to the public! If you don't do anything like this with your youth group, you should!
[12] When he maketh inquisition for blood, he remembereth them: he forgetteth not the cry of the humble.
[13] Have mercy upon me, O Lord; consider my trouble which I suffer of them that hate me, thou that liftest me up from the gates of death:
[14] That I may shew forth all thy praise in the gates of the daughter of Zion: I will rejoice in thy salvation.
[15] The heathen are sunk down in the pit that they made: in the net which they hid is their own foot taken.
[16] The Lord is known by the judgment which he executeth: the wicked is snared in the work of his own hands. Higgaion. Selah.
[17] The wicked shall be turned into hell, and all the nations that forget God.
Do not forget the Lord.
[18] For the needy shall not alway be forgotten: the expectation of the poor shall not perish for ever.
[19] Arise, O Lord; let not man prevail: let the heathen be judged in thy sight.
[20] Put them in fear, O Lord: that the nations may know themselves to be but men. Selah.

Dear Lord, You alone are righteous and You are the Most High! I will praise You in times of sorrow and in times of happiness! Thank you for everything You have done for us, we do not deserve Your mercy and grace. Thank you for being a comfort to us when we are going through trials. Thank you for everyone in my prayer journal, please continue to bless and keep them, in Jesus's name, Amen