Aug 13, 2 Cor 5, Ps 8

2 Corinthians 5:1-21 KJV
[1] For we know that if our earthly house of this tabernacle were dissolved, we have a building of God, an house not made with hands, eternal in the heavens.
There is no need to fear anything on this earth, and it is a great comfort to know that we have an eternal house in heaven, made by God Himself!
[2] For in this we groan, earnestly desiring to be clothed upon with our house which is from heaven:
As Paul said, "To die is gain, but to live is Christ." Or something like that.
[3] If so be that being clothed we shall not be found naked.
[4] For we that are in this tabernacle do groan, being burdened: not for that we would be unclothed, but clothed upon, that mortality might be swallowed up of life.
Death has been defeated, it just has to be destroyed.
[5] Now he that hath wrought us for the selfsame thing is God, who also hath given unto us the earnest of the Spirit.
[6] Therefore we are always confident, knowing that, whilst we are at home in the body, we are absent from the Lord:
[7] (For we walk by faith, not by sight:)
[8] We are confident, I say, and willing rather to be absent from the body, and to be present with the Lord.
We do not fear death! However, I, and many others do fear a painful death. But we need not fear anything!
[9] Wherefore we labour, that, whether present or absent, we may be accepted of him.
[10] For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad.
We just had a good sermon about good works. Basically the gist of it was this, 'We do good works in thankfulness, no one can be truly saved and not do any good works. Our good works are like filthy rags though, and God cannot take them and reward us as if we earned our reward. He rewards us not of merit but of grace.'
[11] Knowing therefore the terror of the Lord, we persuade men; but we are made manifest unto God; and I trust also are made manifest in your consciences.
[12] For we commend not ourselves again unto you, but give you occasion to glory on our behalf, that ye may have somewhat to answer them which glory in appearance, and not in heart.
[13] For whether we be beside ourselves, it is to God: or whether we be sober, it is for your cause.
[14] For the love of Christ constraineth us; because we thus judge, that if one died for all, then were all dead:
[15] And that he died for all, that they which live should not henceforth live unto themselves, but unto him which died for them, and rose again.
Christ died for you! I think he deserves to be thanked!
[16] Wherefore henceforth know we no man after the flesh: yea, though we have known Christ after the flesh, yet now henceforth know we him no more.
[17] Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.
God takes the old, sinful you and destroys it, making a new you!
[18] And all things are of God, who hath reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ, and hath given to us the ministry of reconciliation;
[19] To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.
[20] Now then we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God did beseech you by us: we pray you in Christ's stead, be ye reconciled to God.
[21] For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.

Psalm 8:1-9 KJV
[1] O Lord our Lord, how excellent is thy name in all the earth! who hast set thy glory above the heavens.
[2] Out of the mouth of babes and sucklings hast thou ordained strength because of thine enemies, that thou mightest still the enemy and the avenger.
Unless you become as a little child, you shall not enter the kingdom of Heaven.
[3] When I consider thy heavens, the work of thy fingers, the moon and the stars, which thou hast ordained;
[4] What is man, that thou art mindful of him? and the son of man, that thou visitest him?
I don't see stars very often cause I live in a city, but I saw some yesterday while waiting at my crush's house for my mom to pic me up. Anyways, when you see the stars and you realize how even though they look small from here, they are big and the universe is huge! We are on a tiny planet in a small galaxy and there are uncountable more stars and galaxies! We are truly tiny and insignificant and it truly is a wonder that God cares about us.
[5] For thou hast made him a little lower than the angels, and hast crowned him with glory and honour.
[6] Thou madest him to have dominion over the works of thy hands; thou hast put all things under his feet:
[7] All sheep and oxen, yea, and the beasts of the field;
[8] The fowl of the air, and the fish of the sea, and whatsoever passeth through the paths of the seas.
The Lord has given us so many blessings!
[9] O Lord our Lord, how excellent is thy name in all the earth!
How great Thy name!

Dear Lord, You alone are excellent and Your name is to be praised! Thank you for the many blessings You bless us with, You have given Your creation to us! Thank you for caring about us, even though we are so insignificant. Thank you that we need not fear anything, not even death! We thank you for saving us when we were lost in sin, please except our good works of thankfulness even though they are as dirty rags to You. Please bless and kept everyone in my prayer journal, and if it is Your will, please let me and my crush be together in the future, in Jesus's name, Amen