Sept 7, Phil 4, Ps 29

Philippians 4:1-23 KJV
[1] Therefore, my brethren dearly beloved and longed for, my joy and crown, so stand fast in the Lord, my dearly beloved.

[2] I beseech Euodias, and beseech Syntyche, that they be of the same mind in the Lord.

[3] And I intreat thee also, true yokefellow, help those women which laboured with me in the gospel, with Clement also, and with other my fellowlabourers, whose names are in the book of life.

[4] Rejoice in the Lord alway: and again I say, Rejoice.
This is a great verse I find difficult to obey sometimes.

[5] Let your moderation be known unto all men. The Lord is at hand.

[6] Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.
Sometimes I think that a matter is too small to bring to God, or a request too small or outlandish, but we are to bring everything to God in prayer.

[7] And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.
Some people simply can't understand how Christians can be so full of peace. It's because the peace of God passeth all understanding.

[8] Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.
This is something I struggle with sometimes, my mind wanders a lot and it does not often wander to good things.

[9] Those things, which ye have both learned, and received, and heard, and seen in me, do: and the God of peace shall be with you.

[10] But I rejoiced in the Lord greatly, that now at the last your care of me hath flourished again; wherein ye were also careful, but ye lacked opportunity.

[11] Not that I speak in respect of want: for I have learned, in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content.

[12] I know both how to be abased, and I know how to abound: every where and in all things I am instructed both to be full and to be hungry, both to abound and to suffer need.

[13] I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.

[14] Notwithstanding ye have well done, that ye did communicate with my affliction.

[15] Now ye Philippians know also, that in the beginning of the gospel, when I departed from Macedonia, no church communicated with me as concerning giving and receiving, but ye only.

[16] For even in Thessalonica ye sent once and again unto my necessity.

[17] Not because I desire a gift: but I desire fruit that may abound to your account.

[18] But I have all, and abound: I am full, having received of Epaphroditus the things which were sent from you, an odour of a sweet smell, a sacrifice acceptable, wellpleasing to God.

[19] But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus.

[20] Now unto God and our Father be glory for ever and ever. Amen.

[21] Salute every saint in Christ Jesus. The brethren which are with me greet you.

[22] All the saints salute you, chiefly they that are of Caesar's household.

[23] The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you all. Amen.
Amen.

Psalm 29:1-11 KJV
[1] Give unto the Lord, O ye mighty, give unto the Lord glory and strength.

[2] Give unto the Lord the glory due unto his name; worship the Lord in the beauty of holiness.

[3] The voice of the Lord is upon the waters: the God of glory thundereth: the Lord is upon many waters.

[4] The voice of the Lord is powerful; the voice of the Lord is full of majesty.

[5] The voice of the Lord breaketh the cedars; yea, the Lord breaketh the cedars of Lebanon.

[6] He maketh them also to skip like a calf; Lebanon and Sirion like a young unicorn.

[7] The voice of the Lord divideth the flames of fire.

[8] The voice of the Lord shaketh the wilderness; the Lord shaketh the wilderness of Kadesh. [

[9] The voice of the Lord maketh the hinds to calve, and discovereth the forests: and in his temple doth every one speak of his glory.

[10] The Lord sitteth upon the flood; yea, the Lord sitteth King for ever.

[11] The Lord will give strength unto his people; the Lord will bless his people with peace.

Dear Lord, You are awesome and mighty, You spoke the world into existence and Your voice is more powerful than anything else! Thank you for all you have done for us, we are so blessed. Lord please help us think on good things, things that glorify You. Thank you for the peace You give us, peace so profound many cannot understand it. Please be with everyone in my prayer journal, especially those who are going through different difficulties right now, in Jesus's name, Amen