Oct 12, Titus 1, Ps 52

Titus 1:1-16 KJV
[1] Paul, a servant of God, and an apostle of Jesus Christ, according to the faith of God's elect, and the acknowledging of the truth which is after godliness;

[2] In hope of eternal life, which God, that cannot lie, promised before the world began;

[3] But hath in due times manifested his word through preaching, which is committed unto me according to the commandment of God our Saviour;

[4] To Titus, mine own son after the common faith: Grace, mercy, and peace, from God the Father and the Lord Jesus Christ our Saviour.

[5] For this cause left I thee in Crete, that thou shouldest set in order the things that are wanting, and ordain elders in every city, as I had appointed thee:

[6] If any be blameless, the husband of one wife, having faithful children not accused of riot or unruly.
Interesting how it says husband(clearly male) of one wife(clearly female). I guess Paul is homophobic and sexist. Let's not forget that the children must be faithful and not riotous or unruly, I'm sure that is some type of child abuse.

Forgive my sarcasm, I just can't stand it when people ignore verses that say things really clearly, or twist them.

[7] For a bishop must be blameless, as the steward of God; not selfwilled, not soon angry, not given to wine, no striker, not given to filthy lucre;

[8] But a lover of hospitality, a lover of good men, sober, just, holy, temperate;

[9] Holding fast the faithful word as he hath been taught, that he may be able by sound doctrine both to exhort and to convince the gainsayers.
All Christians should try to follow these guidelines. Obviously it is impossible to follow them perfectly, but there is nothing wrong with trying.

[10] For there are many unruly and vain talkers and deceivers, specially they of the circumcision:

[11] Whose mouths must be stopped, who subvert whole houses, teaching things which they ought not, for filthy lucre's sake.

[12] One of themselves, even a prophet of their own, said, The Cretians are alway liars, evil beasts, slow bellies.

[13] This witness is true. Wherefore rebuke them sharply, that they may be sound in the faith;

[14] Not giving heed to Jewish fables, and commandments of men, that turn from the truth.

[15] Unto the pure all things are pure: but unto them that are defiled and unbelieving is nothing pure; but even their mind and conscience is defiled.
There's quite a difference between someone with a pure mind and someone with a defiled mind.

[16] They profess that they know God; but in works they deny him, being abominable, and disobedient, and unto every good work reprobate.

Psalm 52:1-9 KJV
[1] Why boastest thou thyself in mischief, O mighty man? the goodness of God endureth continually.

[2] Thy tongue deviseth mischiefs; like a sharp razor, working deceitfully.

[3] Thou lovest evil more than good; and lying rather than to speak righteousness. Selah.
Oh, something I just remembered from Bible study last night. We talked a bit about the word 'amen'. Basically it means 'so be it'. Amen can also mean something like 'a shout of applause'. I thought that was really neat. Apparently that is what 'Selah' means too.

[4] Thou lovest all devouring words, O thou deceitful tongue.

[5] God shall likewise destroy thee for ever, he shall take thee away, and pluck thee out of thy dwelling place, and root thee out of the land of the living. Selah.
A shout of applause! 👏👏👏

[6] The righteous also shall see, and fear, and shall laugh at him:

[7] Lo, this is the man that made not God his strength; but trusted in the abundance of his riches, and strengthened himself in his wickedness.
Seriously, people will laugh at you if you make stupid life decisions, like trust in riches. And God might laugh at you too.

[8] But I am like a green olive tree in the house of God: I trust in the mercy of God for ever and ever.

[9] I will praise thee for ever, because thou hast done it: and I will wait on thy name; for it is good before thy saints.

Dear Heavenly Father, thank you so much for everything You have done for us, thank you for giving me a job, please help me be a witness for You. It's truly wonderful how You are so much wiser than us, and You work in mysterious ways we cannot understand. I'd never have thought that the coworker I have that has a whole bunch of tattoos and dyed hair, would be the most interested in talking about You. Lord please send Your Spirit to work in her heart that she may except the gospel. Father please help us be more and more like You every day. Please be with everyone in my prayer journal, please bless and keep them, in Jesus's name, Amen