Sept 10, Col 3, Psalm 31

It's been four months since I started this! Wow! I've come a long way in that time.

Colossians 3:1-25 KJV
[1] If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God.

[2] Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth.
Why bother investing time and energy on earthly things when they will pass away? Focus on storing up riches in heaven and glorifying God!

[3] For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God.

[4] When Christ, who is our life, shall appear, then shall ye also appear with him in glory.

[5] Mortify therefore your members which are upon the earth; fornication, uncleanness, inordinate affection, evil concupiscence, and covetousness, which is idolatry:

[6] For which things' sake the wrath of God cometh on the children of disobedience:

[7] In the which ye also walked some time, when ye lived in them.

[8] But now ye also put off all these; anger, wrath, malice, blasphemy, filthy communication out of your mouth.

[9] Lie not one to another, seeing that ye have put off the old man with his deeds;

[10] And have put on the new man, which is renewed in knowledge after the image of him that created him:
You are a new person in Christ, act like it!

[11] Where there is neither Greek nor Jew, circumcision nor uncircumcision, Barbarian, Scythian, bond nor free: but Christ is all, and in all.

[12] Put on therefore, as the elect of God, holy and beloved, bowels of mercies, kindness, humbleness of mind, meekness, longsuffering;

[13] Forbearing one another, and forgiving one another, if any man have a quarrel against any: even as Christ forgave you, so also do ye.
It can be hard to forgive, very hard sometimes, but if Christ has forgiven you for nailing Him to the cross and mocking Him as He died, surely you can forgive others! I need to say this to myself to, there are people I am holding grudges against and hate, and I really need to to forgive them. It's so hard though! Please pray for me.

[14] And above all these things put on charity, which is the bond of perfectness.

[15] And let the peace of God rule in your hearts, to the which also ye are called in one body; and be ye thankful.
If you let your heart be ruled by God's peace, you won't be moved by the storms of life very easily.

[16] Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom; teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord.

[17] And whatsoever ye do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God and the Father by him.
Do everything for Christ and not man or yourself.

[18] Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as it is fit in the Lord.

[19] Husbands, love your wives, and be not bitter against them.

[20] Children, obey your parents in all things: for this is well pleasing unto the Lord.

[21] Fathers, provoke not your children to anger, lest they be discouraged.
If everyone obeyed these last four verses, there would be so much less family strife.

[22] Servants, obey in all things your masters according to the flesh; not with eyeservice, as menpleasers; but in singleness of heart, fearing God:

[23] And whatsoever ye do, do it heartily, as to the Lord, and not unto men;

[24] Knowing that of the Lord ye shall receive the reward of the inheritance: for ye serve the Lord Christ.

[25] But he that doeth wrong shall receive for the wrong which he hath done: and there is no respect of persons.
God is perfectly fair and doesn't give one person a greater or lesser punishment because of their gender or nationality or skin colour.

Psalm 31:1-24 KJV
[1] In thee, O Lord, do I put my trust; let me never be ashamed: deliver me in thy righteousness.

[2] Bow down thine ear to me; deliver me speedily: be thou my strong rock, for an house of defence to save me.

[3] For thou art my rock and my fortress; therefore for thy name's sake lead me, and guide me.

[4] Pull me out of the net that they have laid privily for me: for thou art my strength.

[5] Into thine hand I commit my spirit: thou hast redeemed me, O Lord God of truth.

[6] I have hated them that regard lying vanities: but I trust in the Lord.

[7] I will be glad and rejoice in thy mercy: for thou hast considered my trouble; thou hast known my soul in adversities;

[8] And hast not shut me up into the hand of the enemy: thou hast set my feet in a large room.

[9] Have mercy upon me, O Lord, for I am in trouble: mine eye is consumed with grief, yea, my soul and my belly.

[10] For my life is spent with grief, and my years with sighing: my strength faileth because of mine iniquity, and my bones are consumed.

[11] I was a reproach among all mine enemies, but especially among my neighbours, and a fear to mine acquaintance: they that did see me without fled from me.

[12] I am forgotten as a dead man out of mind: I am like a broken vessel.

[13] For I have heard the slander of many: fear was on every side: while they took counsel together against me, they devised to take away my life.

[14] But I trusted in thee, O Lord: I said, Thou art my God.
Do you trust in the Lord even when it seems life absolutely nothing is going right in your life?

[15] My times are in thy hand: deliver me from the hand of mine enemies, and from them that persecute me.

[16] Make thy face to shine upon thy servant: save me for thy mercies' sake.

[17] Let me not be ashamed, O Lord; for I have called upon thee: let the wicked be ashamed, and let them be silent in the grave.
I should hope they would be silent in their graves!

[18] Let the lying lips be put to silence; which speak grievous things proudly and contemptuously against the righteous.

[19] Oh how great is thy goodness, which thou hast laid up for them that fear thee; which thou hast wrought for them that trust in thee before the sons of men!

[20] Thou shalt hide them in the secret of thy presence from the pride of man: thou shalt keep them secretly in a pavilion from the strife of tongues.

[21] Blessed be the Lord: for he hath shewed me his marvellous kindness in a strong city.

[22] For I said in my haste, I am cut off from before thine eyes: nevertheless thou heardest the voice of my supplications when I cried unto thee.

[23] O love the Lord, all ye his saints: for the Lord preserveth the faithful, and plentifully rewardeth the proud doer.

[24] Be of good courage, and he shall strengthen your heart, all ye that hope in the Lord.
Be of good courage. Courage is when you keep going even though you are afraid. The Lord will strength your heart.

Dear Lord, You are awesome and wonderful, and if I tried to tell how truly amazing You are I would run out of words very quickly! Thank you so much for everything You have done for us, Lord please help all of us but me especially to forgive. If You forgave me, surely I can forgive others! Lord please also help us do things for Your glory and to advance Your kingdom instead of to get fleeting riches for ourselves on earth. Thank you for giving us all we need. Thank you for everyone in my prayer journal, please be near them all but especially those who really need You right now, in Jesus's name, Amen