August 11, 2 Cor 3, Ps 6

2 Corinthians 3:1-18 KJV
[1] Do we begin again to commend ourselves? or need we, as some others, epistles of commendation to you, or letters of commendation from you?
[2] Ye are our epistle written in our hearts, known and read of all men:
[3] Forasmuch as ye are manifestly declared to be the epistle of Christ ministered by us, written not with ink, but with the Spirit of the living God; not in tables of stone, but in fleshy tables of the heart.
[4] And such trust have we through Christ to God-ward:
[5] Not that we are sufficient of ourselves to think any thing as of ourselves; but our sufficiency is of God;
We are completely dependent on God.
[6] Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life.
With most, things there are two extremes, some people are too focused on the letter of the law and some are so focused on feelings and spiritual stuff that they don't care at all about the written law. We must pray that we do not fall into one extreme or the other.
[7] But if the ministration of death, written and engraven in stones, was glorious, so that the children of Israel could not stedfastly behold the face of Moses for the glory of his countenance; which glory was to be done away:
[8] How shall not the ministration of the spirit be rather glorious?
[9] For if the ministration of condemnation be glory, much more doth the ministration of righteousness exceed in glory.
[10] For even that which was made glorious had no glory in this respect, by reason of the glory that excelleth.
[11] For if that which is done away was glorious, much more that which remaineth is glorious.
[12] Seeing then that we have such hope, we use great plainness of speech:
You don't need to use big, fancy or eloquent words to tell others of the amazing hope we have!
[13] And not as Moses, which put a vail over his face, that the children of Israel could not stedfastly look to the end of that which is abolished:
Let the light of Christ shine so brightly from you that unbelievers will want to cover you with a veil or something!
[14] But their minds were blinded: for until this day remaineth the same vail untaken away in the reading of the old testament; which vail is done away in Christ.
[15] But even unto this day, when Moses is read, the vail is upon their heart.
[16] Nevertheless when it shall turn to the Lord, the vail shall be taken away.
[17] Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.
[18] But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, even as by the Spirit of the Lord.
We shall have glorious bodies when we are resurrected!

Psalm 6:1-10 KJV
[1] O Lord, rebuke me not in thine anger, neither chasten me in thy hot displeasure.
[2] Have mercy upon me, O Lord; for I am weak: O Lord , heal me; for my bones are vexed.
[3] My soul is also sore vexed: but thou, O Lord, how long?
[4] Return, O Lord, deliver my soul: oh save me for thy mercies' sake.
[5] For in death there is no remembrance of thee: in the grave who shall give thee thanks?
[6] I am weary with my groaning; all the night make I my bed to swim; I water my couch with my tears.
[7] Mine eye is consumed because of grief; it waxeth old because of all mine enemies.
[8] Depart from me, all ye workers of iniquity; for the Lord hath heard the voice of my weeping.
[9] The Lord hath heard my supplication; the Lord will receive my prayer.
[10] Let all mine enemies be ashamed and sore vexed: let them return and be ashamed suddenly.
The Lord will take care of our enemies for us when we cry out to Him.

Dear Lord, You alone are powerful and mighty, thank you so much for everything You do for us, thank you for hearing our prayers and defeating all our enemies! Please help us not fall into the trap of extremes. Please shine so brightly through us that Your glory might pierce the veils on the hearts of the lost. Please bless and keep everyone in my prayer journal, in Jesus's name, Amen

I'm not trying to shamelessly self promote my books, but I have a book on my other file, ChristianTracts , with songs my youth group sings, and the next song I am putting in is called Shine Jesus Shine, and I just thought it was fitting for this chapter, so you can check it out if you want. Don't feel like you have to if you don't want to.

Have a great night!