Aug 21, 2 Cor 12, Ps 15

I'm going to put a bit more space between each verse, tell me if you like it better this way or how I usually do it.

2 Corinthians 12:1-21 KJV
[1] It is not expedient for me doubtless to glory. I will come to visions and revelations of the Lord.

[2] I knew a man in Christ above fourteen years ago, (whether in the body, I cannot tell; or whether out of the body, I cannot tell: God knoweth;) such an one caught up to the third heaven.

[3] And I knew such a man, (whether in the body, or out of the body, I cannot tell: God knoweth;)

[4] How that he was caught up into paradise, and heard unspeakable words, which it is not lawful for a man to utter.

[5] Of such an one will I glory: yet of myself I will not glory, but in mine infirmities.
We should never glory in ourselves, we can glory in others(was that proper English? Maybe I should say, we can praise and look up to other Christians) but we must never worship someone else.

[6] For though I would desire to glory, I shall not be a fool; for I will say the truth: but now I forbear, lest any man should think of me above that which he seeth me to be, or that he heareth of me.

[7] And lest I should be exalted above measure through the abundance of the revelations, there was given to me a thorn in the flesh, the messenger of Satan to buffet me, lest I should be exalted above measure.
Is the thorn in the flesh a messenger of Satan or from a messenger of Satan? Either way Satan probably meant it for evil but God used it to teach Paul, so too, Satan may attack us and give us hardships intending to separate us from God, but God will use them to bring us closer to Him, if you let Him.

[8] For this thing I besought the Lord thrice, that it might depart from me.

[9] And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.
God's strength is made perfect in our weakness.

[10] Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ's sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong.
We don't need our own strength, we are too weak to do anything but God can use us and give us His strength and do wonderful things with us.

[11] I am become a fool in glorying; ye have compelled me: for I ought to have been commended of you: for in nothing am I behind the very chiefest apostles, though I be nothing.

[12] Truly the signs of an apostle were wrought among you in all patience, in signs, and wonders, and mighty deeds.

[13] For what is it wherein ye were inferior to other churches, except it be that I myself was not burdensome to you? forgive me this wrong.

[14] Behold, the third time I am ready to come to you; and I will not be burdensome to you: for I seek not yours, but you: for the children ought not to lay up for the parents, but the parents for the children.

[15] And I will very gladly spend and be spent for you; though the more abundantly I love you, the less I be loved.

[16] But be it so, I did not burden you: nevertheless, being crafty, I caught you with guile.

[17] Did I make a gain of you by any of them whom I sent unto you?

[18] I desired Titus, and with him I sent a brother. Did Titus make a gain of you? walked we not in the same spirit? walked we not in the same steps?

[19] Again, think ye that we excuse ourselves unto you? we speak before God in Christ: but we do all things, dearly beloved, for your edifying.

[20] For I fear, lest, when I come, I shall not find you such as I would, and that I shall be found unto you such as ye would not: lest there be debates, envyings, wraths, strifes, backbitings, whisperings, swellings, tumults:

[21] And lest, when I come again, my God will humble me among you, and that I shall bewail many which have sinned already, and have not repented of the uncleanness and fornication and lasciviousness which they have committed.

Psalm 15:1-5 KJV
[1] Lord, who shall abide in thy tabernacle? who shall dwell in thy holy hill?

[2] He that walketh uprightly, and worketh righteousness, and speaketh the truth in his heart.

[3] He that backbiteth not with his tongue, nor doeth evil to his neighbour, nor taketh up a reproach against his neighbour.

[4] In whose eyes a vile person is contemned; but he honoureth them that fear the Lord. He that sweareth to his own hurt, and changeth not.

[5] He that putteth not out his money to usury, nor taketh reward against the innocent. He that doeth these things shall never be moved.

I have prayer request; there is an amazing Christian lady my family knows, she started a Christian school about 15 or 20 years ago, I don't know exactly, and her husband and only son were very involved in the school with her, and they were very encouraging and supportive. Sadly about 10 years ago or so her husband died from a massive heart attack and then only a year or two afterwards her son died also from a massive heart attack. She of course was devastated. It didn't help much that most of her family still is in India, only one sister is here and although she is a Christian she doesn't have a home church that she can call her family. She needed a lot more help with the school so there was a family that stepped up to help. The problem is they were two faced. They claimed to be Christians but the ways they acted and talked and treated the students made many believe otherwise. They slowly destroyed the school from the inside out, and Mrs. Pat-roe(the lady's not real name due to privacy), was blind to what they are doing because of her grief and they only showed her their good sides. Thankfully she figured out that they were the main problem and had the guts to fire them. You go Mrs. Pat-roe!!! Unfortunately they did a lot of damage in the time they were there and the school is barely alive. There is less than 25 students in the whole school and it covers all 14 grades. Please pray that the school can make a comeback and teach students how to live God honouring lives.

Btw if you have a pray request you can comment it here and I will put in my prayers here or you can pm me and I will still pray for you but I won't write it down here.

Dear Lord, You alone are mighty and strong and Your strength is made perfect in our weakness. Thank you that You can use us even when we are so weak by ourselves. Thank you that You use Satan's attacks on us to bring us closer to You. Lord you know Mrs. Pat-roe, You know that she wants to glorify and honour You. Please use her mightily for You even though she, like us all, is weak. Please use the school she has started for Your glory, please change and use the lives of the students there to glorify You. Please bless and keep everyone in my prayer journal, in Jesus's name, Amen