Sept 22, 2 Thess 2, Ps 38

2 Thessalonians 2:1-17 KJV
[1] Now we beseech you, brethren, by the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, and by our gathering together unto him,

[2] That ye be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled, neither by spirit, nor by word, nor by letter as from us, as that the day of Christ is at hand.
Some people are so, idk if obsessed is the right word? But they focus so much on apocalyptic stuff it's unhealthy. Don't be like them.

[3] Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;

[4] Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.

[5] Remember ye not, that, when I was yet with you, I told you these things?

[6] And now ye know what withholdeth that he might be revealed in his time.

[7] For the mystery of iniquity doth already work: only he who now letteth will let, until he be taken out of the way.

[8] And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming:

[9] Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders,

[10] And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.

[11] And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:

[12] That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

[13] But we are bound to give thanks alway to God for you, brethren beloved of the Lord, because God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth:

[14] Whereunto he called you by our gospel, to the obtaining of the glory of our Lord Jesus Christ.

[15] Therefore, brethren, stand fast, and hold the traditions which ye have been taught, whether by word, or our epistle.

[16] Now our Lord Jesus Christ himself, and God, even our Father, which hath loved us, and hath given us everlasting consolation and good hope through grace,
We have everlasting consolation and good hope!

[17] Comfort your hearts, and stablish you in every good word and work.

Psalm 38:1-22 KJV
[1] O Lord, rebuke me not in thy wrath: neither chasten me in thy hot displeasure.

[2] For thine arrows stick fast in me, and thy hand presseth me sore.

[3] There is no soundness in my flesh because of thine anger; neither is there any rest in my bones because of my sin.

[4] For mine iniquities are gone over mine head: as an heavy burden they are too heavy for me.

[5] My wounds stink and are corrupt because of my foolishness.
Foolishness has great consequences.

[6] I am troubled; I am bowed down greatly; I go mourning all the day long.

[7] For my loins are filled with a loathsome disease: and there is no soundness in my flesh.

[8] I am feeble and sore broken: I have roared by reason of the disquietness of my heart.

[9] Lord, all my desire is before thee; and my groaning is not hid from thee.

[10] My heart panteth, my strength faileth me: as for the light of mine eyes, it also is gone from me.

[11] My lovers and my friends stand aloof from my sore; and my kinsmen stand afar off.

[12] They also that seek after my life lay snares for me: and they that seek my hurt speak mischievous things, and imagine deceits all the day long.

[13] But I, as a deaf man, heard not; and I was as a dumb man that openeth not his mouth.

[14] Thus I was as a man that heareth not, and in whose mouth are no reproofs.

[15] For in thee, O Lord, do I hope: thou wilt hear, O Lord my God.

[16] For I said, Hear me, lest otherwise they should rejoice over me: when my foot slippeth, they magnify themselves against me.

[17] For I am ready to halt, and my sorrow is continually before me.

[18] For I will declare mine iniquity; I will be sorry for my sin.

[19] But mine enemies are lively, and they are strong: and they that hate me wrongfully are multiplied.

[20] They also that render evil for good are mine adversaries; because I follow the thing that good is.

[21] Forsake me not, O Lord: O my God, be not far from me.

[22] Make haste to help me, O Lord my salvation.
It's neat to note that the author of these psalms(probably David) was really depressed. It's not a sin to be depressed, it's not your fault. What you do when you are depressed though can be right or wrong. David here did what was right, he cried out to God, and begged God to help him. That is what we should do too.

You might know a bit about my family, and our problems. Currently my second oldest brother is living with my aunt and uncle and sometimes comes to visit on weekends. Those weekends are extremely stressful, he always argues with my parents and last time he was here, he said he wouldn't visit again for at least three months. It has only been a month at most and he is coming tomorrow. My aunt and uncle are coming too, so hopefully he won't start any arguments with them here. Mom tried to hid it, but I saw her crying after she and dad spoke on the phone with him. I don't know exactly why, I hope it is just the stress of him visiting tomorrow and nothing else.

Dear Heavenly Father, thank You for everything You have done for us. Father, please let tomorrow go smoothly when my brother visits, but let Your will be done. Please if it is Your will, grant everyone in my prayer journal what they need, in Jesus's name, Amen