Oct 27, Hebrews 2

Hebrews 2:1-18 KJV
[1] Therefore we ought to give the more earnest heed to the things which we have heard, lest at any time we should let them slip.

[2] For if the word spoken by angels was stedfast, and every transgression and disobedience received a just recompence of reward;

[3] How shall we escape, if we neglect so great salvation; which at the first began to be spoken by the Lord, and was confirmed unto us by them that heard him;

[4] God also bearing them witness, both with signs and wonders, and with divers miracles, and gifts of the Holy Ghost, according to his own will?
Salvation is such a wonderful gift, if we neglect it, there is absolutely no way we will escape eternal damnation.

[5] For unto the angels hath he not put in subjection the world to come, whereof we speak.

[6] But one in a certain place testified, saying, What is man, that thou art mindful of him? or the son of man, that thou visitest him?
It truly is a great mystery. Why has God decided to care about such insignificant beings like us?

[7] Thou madest him a little lower than the angels; thou crownedst him with glory and honour, and didst set him over the works of thy hands:
Why did God give us glory and honour when it all belongs to Him? Why did He give us dominion over the earth? I'm going to go on a little rabbit trail here, in this day and age there are a lot of environmentalists, tree-huggers, ect. I definitely think that some of them go a little bit overboard trying to save the planet, but I definitely think we need to take care of Earth. God gave it to us, there is no reason we should destroy it. You might say it is impossible to save it since it is under the curse of sin just as we are, but it is our responsibility to do what we can. Again, we definitely need a balance, we mustn't be crazy and unrealistic, and we must never value animal lives over human lives, but we must do what we can. How does that parable go again, where the master of the house gives some of his servants talents, and those that did what they could with them, he called them good and faithful servants and promised them authority of much because they were faithful in little. Anyways, I hope you understand my ranting 😂.

[8] Thou hast put all things in subjection under his feet. For in that he put all in subjection under him, he left nothing that is not put under him. But now we see not yet all things put under him.

[9] But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels for the suffering of death, crowned with glory and honour; that he by the grace of God should taste death for every man.
Christ became lower than beings He and the Father created Themselves.

[10] For it became him, for whom are all things, and by whom are all things, in bringing many sons unto glory, to make the captain of their salvation perfect through sufferings.

[11] For both he that sanctifieth and they who are sanctified are all of one: for which cause he is not ashamed to call them brethren,
He is not ashamed to call us His brethren.

[12] Saying, I will declare thy name unto my brethren, in the midst of the church will I sing praise unto thee.

[13] And again, I will put my trust in him. And again, Behold I and the children which God hath given me.

[14] Forasmuch then as the children are partakers of flesh and blood, he also himself likewise took part of the same; that through death he might destroy him that had the power of death, that is, the devil;

[15] And deliver them who through fear of death were all their lifetime subject to bondage.
We have no reason to fear death now!

[16] For verily he took not on him the nature of angels; but he took on him the seed of Abraham.

[17] Wherefore in all things it behoved him to be made like unto his brethren, that he might be a merciful and faithful high priest in things pertaining to God, to make reconciliation for the sins of the people.

[18] For in that he himself hath suffered being tempted, he is able to succour them that are tempted.
He was tempted like us, remember, no temptation will ever tempt you except what is common to man. Christ was tempted in like manner to us, He knows exactly what you are going through!

Dear Heavenly Father, thank you so much for all You have done for us, thank you for sending Your Son to be like us, to experience what we experience, to defeat death and call us His brethren. Thank you for adopting us into Your family. Thank you for giving us the Earth, please help us take good care of it even though it is groaning under sin just as we are. Father please be near my pastor as he decides whether or not to accept a call from another church. Please heal Mrs. VV from her surgery. Please be near everyone in my prayer journal, show them Your will for their lives, in Jesus's name, Amen