Sept 28, 1 Tim 3, Ps 43

It's Friday night, so most people stay awake longer, I sometimes don't even get to bed till Saturday morning, but I am really tired so that is why I am in bed and typing this at only 9:30. I am very low on sleep, so if I say things that don't make any sense, that would be why.

1 Timothy 3:1-16 KJV
[1] This is a true saying, If a man desire the office of a bishop, he desireth a good work.

[2] A bishop then must be blameless, the husband of one wife, vigilant, sober, of good behaviour, given to hospitality, apt to teach;

[3] Not given to wine, no striker, not greedy of filthy lucre; but patient, not a brawler, not covetous;

[4] One that ruleth well his own house, having his children in subjection with all gravity;

[5] (For if a man know not how to rule his own house, how shall he take care of the church of God?)

[6] Not a novice, lest being lifted up with pride he fall into the condemnation of the devil.

[7] Moreover he must have a good report of them which are without; lest he fall into reproach and the snare of the devil.

[8] Likewise must the deacons be grave, not doubletongued, not given to much wine, not greedy of filthy lucre;

[9] Holding the mystery of the faith in a pure conscience.

[10] And let these also first be proved; then let them use the office of a deacon, being found blameless.

[11] Even so must their wives be grave, not slanderers, sober, faithful in all things.

[12] Let the deacons be the husbands of one wife, ruling their children and their own houses well.

[13] For they that have used the office of a deacon well purchase to themselves a good degree, and great boldness in the faith which is in Christ Jesus.
These guides are mainly for elders, deacons, and pastors, but there is nothing wrong with all Christians following them too.

[14] These things write I unto thee, hoping to come unto thee shortly:

[15] But if I tarry long, that thou mayest know how thou oughtest to behave thyself in the house of God, which is the church of the living God, the pillar and ground of the truth.

[16] And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.

Psalm 43:1-5 KJV
[1] Judge me, O God, and plead my cause against an ungodly nation: O deliver me from the deceitful and unjust man.

[2] For thou art the God of my strength: why dost thou cast me off? why go I mourning because of the oppression of the enemy?

[3] O send out thy light and thy truth: let them lead me; let them bring me unto thy holy hill, and to thy tabernacles.

[4] Then will I go unto the altar of God, unto God my exceeding joy: yea, upon the harp will I praise thee, O God my God.

[5] Why art thou cast down, O my soul? and why art thou disquieted within me? hope in God: for I shall yet praise him, who is the health of my countenance, and my God.
When your soul is cast down, remember that you have hope in God!

Dear Heavenly Father, thank You so much for everything You have done for us, Father please help us live lives pleasing to You in all ways. Father please be with Mr. and Mrs. W as it is quite possible he will be with You soon. Please also be with Mrs. VV, please bless her as she heals from her surgery, please bless the healing. Please bless Your missionaries as they spread Your true Word. Let Your will be done in all things. Please help us find what Your will for our lives is. Please bless and keep everyone in my prayer journal, in Jesus's name, Amen