Sept 18, 1 Thess 5, Ps 37a

1 Thessalonians 5:1-28 KJV
[1] But of the times and the seasons, brethren, ye have no need that I write unto you.

[2] For yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so cometh as a thief in the night.
If anyone ever says they know the exact date Christ is returning, they are a false teacher and a false prophet! Don't listen to them!

[3] For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden destruction cometh upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape.

[4] But ye, brethren, are not in darkness, that that day should overtake you as a thief.

[5] Ye are all the children of light, and the children of the day: we are not of the night, nor of darkness.
We are children of light! Let your light shine!

[6] Therefore let us not sleep, as do others; but let us watch and be sober.

[7] For they that sleep sleep in the night; and they that be drunken are drunken in the night.

[8] But let us, who are of the day, be sober, putting on the breastplate of faith and love; and for an helmet, the hope of salvation.
Faith, love, and hope of salvation.

]9] For God hath not appointed us to wrath, but to obtain salvation by our Lord Jesus Christ,

[10] Who died for us, that, whether we wake or sleep, we should live together with him.

[11] Wherefore comfort yourselves together, and edify one another, even as also ye do.

[12] And we beseech you, brethren, to know them which labour among you, and are over you in the Lord, and admonish you;

[13] And to esteem them very highly in love for their work's sake. And be at peace among yourselves.
I can't stress enough, just how important it is to obey this verse! Be at peace among yourselves, a house divided against itself cannot stand! Satan's most powerful attacks come from within. If you are tempted to not be at peace with your brothers or sisters in Christ, tell Satan to get behind you and pray! Pray that God will give you patience and understanding to help resolve conflicts. Also if you put Jesus first, others second, and yourself last, hopefully you won't start arguments.

[14] Now we exhort you, brethren, warn them that are unruly, comfort the feebleminded, support the weak, be patient toward all men.
Patience is a virtue and a fruit of The Spirit, pray that God will teach you patience. It can be very difficult to learn, but once have it, it is very worth it. You can even teach yourself patience and self control, but don't forget to ask God's blessing on your learning.

[15] See that none render evil for evil unto any man; but ever follow that which is good, both among yourselves, and to all men.
Never return evil for evil, it will only add fuel to the fire. If you return good for evil, you will starve the fire.

[16] Rejoice evermore.

[17] Pray without ceasing.
This means to pray regularly and consistently, not spend all you time praying and don't work, sleep or witness.

[18] In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.
There is a song made from this verse and verse 16.

[19] Quench not the Spirit.

[20] Despise not prophesyings.

[21] Prove all things; hold fast that which is good.
Always test and prove things. If it is true, it will stand up, if it is false, it will dissolve like snow.

[22] Abstain from all appearance of evil.
It's not enough to not do any evil, you should abstain from the very appearance of evil

[23] And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.

[24] Faithful is he that calleth you, who also will do it.

[25] Brethren, pray for us.

[26] Greet all the brethren with an holy kiss.

[27] I charge you by the Lord that this epistle be read unto all the holy brethren.

[28] The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you. Amen.
Amen.

Psalm 37:1-20 KJV
[1] Fret not thyself because of evildoers, neither be thou envious against the workers of iniquity.

[2] For they shall soon be cut down like the grass, and wither as the green herb.

[3] Trust in the Lord, and do good; so shalt thou dwell in the land, and verily thou shalt be fed.

[4] Delight thyself also in the Lord; and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart.
Live for God, and He will reward you.

[5] Commit thy way unto the Lord; trust also in him; and he shall bring it to pass.

[6] And he shall bring forth thy righteousness as the light, and thy judgment as the noonday.

[7] Rest in the Lord, and wait patiently for him: fret not thyself because of him who prospereth in his way, because of the man who bringeth wicked devices to pass.
Do not fret yourself over the evil and evil doers in this world! God is so much more powerful than them! They can do nothing with God allowing it!

[8] Cease from anger, and forsake wrath: fret not thyself in any wise to do evil.

[9] For evildoers shall be cut off: but those that wait upon the Lord, they shall inherit the earth.

[10] For yet a little while, and the wicked shall not be: yea, thou shalt diligently consider his place, and it shall not be.

[11] But the meek shall inherit the earth; and shall delight themselves in the abundance of peace.

[12] The wicked plotteth against the just, and gnasheth upon him with his teeth.

[13] The Lord shall laugh at him: for he seeth that his day is coming.
The Lord sits in the heavens and laughs!

[14] The wicked have drawn out the sword, and have bent their bow, to cast down the poor and needy, and to slay such as be of upright conversation.

[15] Their sword shall enter into their own heart, and their bows shall be broken.

[16] A little that a righteous man hath is better than the riches of many wicked.

[17] For the arms of the wicked shall be broken: but the Lord upholdeth the righteous.

[18] The Lord knoweth the days of the upright: and their inheritance shall be for ever.

[19] They shall not be ashamed in the evil time: and in the days of famine they shall be satisfied.

[20] But the wicked shall perish, and the enemies of the Lord shall be as the fat of lambs: they shall consume; into smoke shall they consume away.
I'll only do half the psalm today cause it's a bit long.

Dear Heavenly Father, thank you so much for all you have done for us! Thank you that I was able to help hand out invites to church, please bless what we distributed, please bring people to Yourself through these invites. Please help us apply what we have learned from Your Word today. Please be with those who have asked for prayers, I think especially of Mr. and Mrs. W, Mr. VD, my aunt and uncle and those who don't want to be named. Please be with everyone in my prayer journal, please keep them close to You and far from evil, in Jesus's name, Amen