Sept 23, 2 Thess 3, Ps 39

I am doing this early today because there is yps tonight, I actually remembered to do this during the day!

My brother is visiting tonight, when I am at yps, so I am happy I probably won't see him, but a bit upset at myself that I am pretty much running away like a coward.

2 Thessalonians 3:1-18 KJV
[1] Finally, brethren, pray for us, that the word of the Lord may have free course, and be glorified, even as it is with you:
I keep forgetting to pray for missionaries, I'll make more of an effort.

[2] And that we may be delivered from unreasonable and wicked men: for all men have not faith.

[3] But the Lord is faithful, who shall stablish you, and keep you from evil.
The Lord is faithful, never forget that.

[4] And we have confidence in the Lord touching you, that ye both do and will do the things which we command you.

[5] And the Lord direct your hearts into the love of God, and into the patient waiting for Christ.

[6] Now we command you, brethren, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye withdraw yourselves from every brother that walketh disorderly, and not after the tradition which he received of us.

[7] For yourselves know how ye ought to follow us: for we behaved not ourselves disorderly among you;

[8] Neither did we eat any man's bread for nought; but wrought with labour and travail night and day, that we might not be chargeable to any of you:

[9] Not because we have not power, but to make ourselves an ensample unto you to follow us.

[[10] For even when we were with you, this we commanded you, that if any would not work, neither should he eat.
Don't forget get that this means if someone doesn't work when he is perfectly able too. If someone can't work, then those who can should work to support those who can't.

[11] For we hear that there are some which walk among you disorderly, working not at all, but are busybodies.

[12] Now them that are such we command and exhort by our Lord Jesus Christ, that with quietness they work, and eat their own bread.

[13] But ye, brethren, be not weary in well doing.
Don't get tired of doing good.

[14] And if any man obey not our word by this epistle, note that man, and have no company with him, that he may be ashamed.

[15] Yet count him not as an enemy, but admonish him as a brother.

[16] Now the Lord of peace himself give you peace always by all means. The Lord be with you all.

[17] The salutation of Paul with mine own hand, which is the token in every epistle: so I write.

[18] The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you all. Amen.
Amen.

Psalm 39:1-13 KJV
[1] I said, I will take heed to my ways, that I sin not with my tongue: I will keep my mouth with a bridle, while the wicked is before me.
Even a fool is counted as wise when he holds his tongue.

[2] I was dumb with silence, I held my peace, even from good; and my sorrow was stirred.

[3] My heart was hot within me, while I was musing the fire burned: then spake I with my tongue,

[4] Lord, make me to know mine end, and the measure of my days, what it is; that I may know how frail I am.

[5] Behold, thou hast made my days as an handbreadth; and mine age is as nothing before thee: verily every man at his best state is altogether vanity. Selah.
Our lives are as a blade of grass, there one day, gone the next.

[6] Surely every man walketh in a vain shew: surely they are disquieted in vain: he heapeth up riches, and knoweth not who shall gather them.

[7] And now, Lord, what wait I for? my hope is in thee.

[8] Deliver me from all my transgressions: make me not the reproach of the foolish.

[9] I was dumb, I opened not my mouth; because thou didst it.

[[10] Remove thy stroke away from me: I am consumed by the blow of thine hand.

[11] When thou with rebukes dost correct man for iniquity, thou makest his beauty to consume away like a moth: surely every man is vanity. Selah.

[12] Hear my prayer, O Lord, and give ear unto my cry; hold not thy peace at my tears: for I am a stranger with thee, and a sojourner, as all my fathers were.
This verse makes me think of the song that says, 'Hear my prayer, O Lord, and my cry for mercy. In this day of trouble I will call you. Teach me, O Lord, I will walk in Your truth, give me an undivided heart. Nations You've made, that worship You, for You alone are the living God. I will praise You, I will praise You. Glorify Your name, O Lord. I will praise You, I will praise You. Glorify Your name, O Lord.'
I think this song is called, 'Hear, O Lord, and Answer' If you wanted to look it up. It's based on Psalm 86.

[13] O spare me, that I may recover strength, before I go hence, and be no more.

Dear Heavenly Father, You alone are worthy of worship, I will praise You! Thank You for everything You have done for us. Thank you for the opportunities you give us to praise and worship You, thank you for the opportunities You give us to tell others about You, please help us use them. Please bless all Your missionaries, be near to them and bless their efforts to spread Your Word. Father please be with my parents and brother tonight, please let the visit go smoothly if it is Your will. Let all things go according to Your will. Please be near everyone in my prayer journal, please keep them close to You and far from evil, in Jesus's name, Amen