Sept 27, Study Revelations

I won't do my personal Bible Study tonight for two reasons. One, it is already 11:00pm(I can sleep in tomorrow though, yayy!!!) Two, I just came back from a Bible Study. I'll tell you about it. It was really interesting but I might not remember everything we talked about cause I am tired. Here are a few things that stuck out too me:

1. So we are studying Revelations, and it is quite the book. The study guide mentioned that when studying it, we have to remember to focus on the big picture. That Jesus defeated Death, sits at the right hand of God, and will come again. This is especially important for our youth group/s to remember because we really like rabbit trails. Like we really like them.

2. This connects with point one a bit, since Jesus has already defeated Death and Satan, we have nothing to fear in this life. We are running a race where we know what the end goal will be. We know what the prize is, and we know that we will win. It is a great comfort when you look at the mess this world is in, or when you are going through different struggles, to know that Jesus defeated Satan and evil and after a little bit of tribulation you will be with Him forever!!! Focus on the big picture!

3. This was one of our rabbit trails, but basically we have to prioritize our lives. Some people in the youth group are at the point where they don't know what to do with their lives. They'v finished school and have full time jobs and just feel like they are in a rut. We all have to prioritize our lives so we put God first, and also let go a bit. We have to give our lives to God so he can use us how He knows best for his glory.

Prayer. What we've been doing lately after Bible study, is we split up into groups of four or five people and then we share payer requests and pray together. It really neat, it's definitely more personal than one person praying cause we all have to pray, but it is a bit nicer in that I would never pray in front of a whole group, but it a lot easier when there is just a few people. It's still a bit hard, I'm more the type of person who likes to go into my closet to pray, so to speak, but it is good to pray with other Christians. It's also good if you don't want to share a prayer request with the whole group, you can just share it with the smaller group. That's what I did, I was too shy to ask everyone to pray that I be a witness to my coworkers at my new job, but I was able to ask the smaller group.

Speaking of prayer requests, there is two I want to share.

One of my friends is going Mexico with another girl, to visit some churches and have an adventure, and one of the churches is in a city that is in the top ten most dangerous cities in Mexico. So pray for their safety and that they may be a blessing to the churches and missionaries they are visiting.

Second, my crush's mother just had surgery today. I'm not entirely sure what surgery it was, but it was to help with low blood levels or something. He came straight from the hospital to Bible study and he said that she looked bad and felt worse, and that it would be a long recovery. His grandfather also had a surgery, some type of eye surgery, and that went well.

Dear Heavenly Father, thank You so much for everything You have done for us. Thank you for Your Word, and thank You for fellowship with other young Christians to study Your Word. Thank you that we can be comforted by the fact that You have already defeated Death and Satan. Please help us the look at the big picture, and prioritize the things in our lives that glorify You. Please help those who don't know what to do with their lives, please give them the wisdom to know how best to serve You. Please be with Mrs. VV as she recovers from her surgery. Please bless the healing that she may be well again soon. Please also be with Mr. VV senior as he recovers from his surgery too. Please be with my friend and her friend as they go to Mexico, please keep them safe and use them to bless the churches and missionaries they are visiting. Please bless not just those missionaries, but all those who spread You Word. Please be with those in authority, grant them the wisdom to make the right choices. And in all things, let Your will be done, in Jesus's name, Amen

(Ah! Time flies! It took me over 40 minutes to type this all out and it's not even a thousand words!!!)