0 6 Meeting An Author

What nasty rumours was this man talking about? I asked him about them but he didn't reply so I decided not to ask the same question again. After that, he stared at me all the way as we walked towards the main door. I knocked at the door and the door opened by itself. I looked inside and almost lost my vision. Was this really my mansion? It was so organised and clean.

The chandeliers were glistening like they used to. I could see my reflection on the floor tiles and the glass ceiling. Was our mansion always such a sweet fascination? I could see the paintings drawn on the floor tiles, which lit up as I walked over them. This was something magical and completely mindblowing. I could hear the faint voices of the wind chimes.

I ran towards the centre of the hallways and the curtains were drawn open. The flowers in the flower pots blossomed by themselves. I could see mom's old piano kept at some distance. I turned back "Lict!" I called. And Lict was suddenly behind me. I was taken aback since I wasn't expecting him to be there as soon as I called out his name.

He got on his right knee and pressing his right hand over his heart, he bowed.

"Command me, Milady," He requested. I didn't know what to say.

"We have guests," I replied, awkwardly. Lict got up and turned back. He shot a glance at Melissa. She waved at him and he looked at Melissa's demigod, ignoring her completely.

"You shouldn't be here." He said and turned towards her.

"Lict..." Melissa slowly walked towards him.

"Melissa, don't." Her demigod grabbed her hand. Then, he moved towards Lict, "We need to talk."

"But I don't want to talk—"

"Does it look like I care?"

Lict turned back and glared at him. Then, he looked at Melissa, "Why are you doing this?"

"I'm just here to help you."

"Why now?"

"Are you still angry?" Melissa asked as she moved towards him. What was going on? I mean, did something bad happen in the past. I feel like they share a dark past. But, since I didn't know anything, I decided to stay quiet and just listen.

"Won't you be angry? And why would you return back to a murderer?" Lict asked.

"You're not a murderer," Melissa said.

"You said it yourself."

"I didn't mean it—"

"Does it look like I care?" Lict looked at her demigod. Alright, what the hell happened? There were so many possibilities that I didn't know where to think and to what extent. Lict moved away from her "I can still see it all in my mind. The way you turned sides and walked away," She raised her head "You left me, Melissa—You walked away."

She got up and looked into his eyes, "If you hate me so much, why would you protect me when they attacked?" She asked.

He looked at her "How can you say it was me?" He asked.

She smiled "You shine golden,"

Yeah, I've noticed it too. He gives out a faint, golden light. So, is it just him and not all other stars? Melissa didn't give off a golden light. So, Lict is special? He turned back and smiled at me with his mellow eyebrows.

"Just what are you?"

He moved his eyeballs playfully towards the ceiling, as if thinking of an answer, then he looked at me.

"I'm music in human form."

You're golden magic, wrapped up in human flesh and hidden in blue blood that peeks through your bold blue eyes, crossing lines they shouldn't have. Nobody should have. Nobody had. I smiled back at him.