1 6 Don't Be Afraid

"Utro!" (Tn// Morning)

My day begins with me greeting myself. I thank myself for being born and achieving something as huge as bearing people every day. After all, I am Vierne Obolensky. One of the very few preserved aristocratic classes of sophistication left in Russia. And on this, I will praise my country like always. Ignoring communism and discovering marvellously hidden dead bodies in the woods, Russian mornings have only one way of describing them—Enchanting.

They are not dry like other European countries, at least in Moscow it's a bit different. Imagine getting up from your bed, walking to your balcony, praising the beauty of the magnanimous Ural mountains and getting shot in the head. At least that's what happened to Melissa this morning.

"Russian mornings are beautiful." Because Melissa was shot, but alas! That woman just won't die!

"Russian mornings are beautiful?" Lord Akagi hissed as he barged into my room with a black suit on, "It is the act of getting up at three in the morning, putting the cereal of your choice in a bowl and pouring vodka and milk in it. Eating it, and drinking the rest of the vodka, you get dressed drunk off your ass and go to work in the shittiest clothes you have with no coat in cold weather, and you come home after finding out it's Sunday."

That's a lot to digest. Hang on—"Is that why you shot someone in the morning?"
"I mistook her for Melissa." Well, that was Melissa!
"Why would you drink in the morning?"
"I got a concussion."
"Is it medically advised to drink alcohol during that?"

"All I know is I made it out alive."
"I recorded Milord's first concussion!" Melissa stood at my door with a camera in her hand. Is having a concussion considered good for demigods? He shot her in her head again and she lay on my room's floor.

"Oh my God!" I shouted.
"She's not dead."
"The carpet!"

I have my priorities straight.

"This is star spirit abuse." Lict picked up Melissa into his arms.
"No, it's trash." Lord Akagi corrected.
"I'm not talking about Melissa." Oh Lict, your roasts are of a fine texture.
"Have some food. I'm driving you to school today." Lord Akagi mentioned.

That's right, mortals. Today, I'll be going to this dumb institution called a 'High School', that is a place where children of my age are given education so that they can be good citizens and serve the country once they come of age, at least that's what it claims.
"I say it's a scam," I confessed as we sat at the dining table.
"Why would you think that?"

"Because you can teach me. I don't want to be taught by any other treacherous teacher."
"That's not really a problem."
"Why?"
"He is the treacherous teacher." Melissa stood at the door.
"Lord Akagi is it true?!"

What a pleasant surprise! Now, I could charm him into loving me! Love me! I stared at him.

He picked up his gun, "Okay! Melissa out!" She ran towards the car and sat inside it.
"Good." I spat. That's all it takes to impress you, Lord Akagi? I feel like I'm putting in an extra effort which is not really required.

Later, I got ready and ran towards the car. I got on the back seat and as you might have guessed—I didn't get any praise. Not even a pat on the head. High school had started bad. The better worse was coming. Lict opened the car's door and sat beside me.

"Why are you here?" I asked.
"I'll be going with you, Milady."
Oh, here's the worst. See? I predicted it. My dying soul fired the engine and off we went. I looked outside the window, wishing for a blank space to open up and kill me but nothing happened.

"Do you want to kill a demigod?" I asked Lict.
"Well, there is one." Lord Akagi clicked his tongue and stomped on the breaks.
"We are here, get down." Lict, Melissa and I got down in front of the school gate.