7 9 The Light Has Won

It's time I take my studies seriously because exams are overhead—And by overhead I mean tomorrow and I haven't even started. I am going to graduate high school before going to the purgatory. I threw three thick books at my table and asked Lict to play me some classical music as I study. Lict played the harp behind me while I started memorising my spells.

I will not sleep tonight!

That's what I thought but I don't know when I slept. I woke up in the morning. I was on my bed, covered with a blanket over me and Lict slept beside me. It was still early morning. I heard some noise from the kitchen. I was ready for thieves. I picked up my sword which was lying on the floor—But won't it be a bit extreme to cut down a thief?

I kept it aside and decided to enter the kitchen barehanded, like a fool. The voice was coming from the fridge, jokes on the thief to have decided to rob a fridge out of everything in a mansion as huge as this.

I took the pan and ran towards the fridge's open door. It suddenly closed and I raised the pan. I couldn't see clearly in the dark. He looked at me, "How pansexual do you think I am?"

I went tak!
"Ow!"
Lict opened his eyes and got up from his bed. He slowly came downstairs where I was being killed by Lord Akagi as he grabbed my neck between his biceps and placed a gun on my head.

"I thought it was a thief!" I explained myself to him.
"Any better excuse?"
"I thought you died!"
"As you can see, it didn't stick,"

Melissa was busy enjoying all the treats kept inside the fridge, "Melissa, help me!"
"The front of the back?" She asked.
"Nevermind, kill me,"

Lict stood at the door. I knew he would help me but you know, I never realised how indifferent Lict is when he is half asleep. He went right through us and grabbed a tea kettle.

We just stared at him, "What?" He said.
"This bastard is okay now?" Lord Akagi asked.
"Yes,"
"So, we can play lick and touch, Lict?" Melissa jumped towards him.

"Melissa, how are you so energetic so early in the morning?" Lict asked her. His eyes were still narrowed because of how sleepy he seemed, which was pretty adorable.
"Because I'm not getting laid like you," Melissa burnt him so bad, the whole Moscow could've heated their assses this fall.

"Yeah, true that,"
"It's not true! I'm not laying you! You are not getting laid!" What was I even saying? I should've just gone back to studying.
"Has everyone else come back?"
"They should have," Lord Akagi drank some boiled water while Lict drank some green tea. After Lict finished drinking his tea, he was a complete;y different bastard.

"Good morning, Milady. Yesterday sure was pretty rough," He smiled. What the fuck?! Who was that guy before? This might be the first time I've seen Lict's morning mood.
"Anyways, go get ready. You have your exam today,"

"Yes—I will, in a while." I ran towards my room and opened my books, "I'm going to fail!" I was on the verge of tears but I somehow convinced myself that marks don't matter. Then, the bitch inside me said "They do, you dildo!" I spent thirty minutes calming myself down.

And the rest thirty in actually studying. After that, I sat inside the bathroom with my book in my hands. Half of my focus was on studying, the other half was on prayer to our lord and saviour to just make me pass the exam. Lict knocked at the door,

"Milady, you're late,"
"No, I'm failing!"

Lict calmed me down but I threw him aside and continued panicking. Brush—Lict brushed my teeth while I looked inside my book. Bath—It's not necessary—I skipped it and Lict sprayed some perfume on me. Breakfast—Lict fed me while I had my book in my hand. Lord Akagi stared at me, my stupidity irked him but I ignored him. I was doing an exam, not him! Let him judge. On my way to the car, I slipped on the ice and fell into the water.