3 4 Smell Of Souls

Akagi was done with that day's work and sat all alone in the staff room with a cup of hot water. All the other teachers were taking a class. He had that necklace in his hands. He closed his fist and his eyes and tried to see it's past. But he couldn't see anything so he realised it was a magic vessel since he couldn't see the memories of magical objects. Lict entered the staff room and stood before Akagi, "You called?"

"Yes," Akagi kept the necklace inside his pocket and looked at Lict.
"I want you to meet someone."
"I wonder where did Lict go," Vierne said to herself as she walked towards her locker. As she opened it to take out her books, she saw many papers fall down. She picked them up and read, "Vierne, the girl with no pads!"

She felt ashamed and quickly gathered all the papers and threw them in the dustbin. She saw that those pages were everywhere on the school walls. Everyone was staring at her. She felt embarrassed as she removed the papers. When she turned, she saw Grigory tearing off the papers too. She just stared at him. He looked angry as he crushed the papers and threw them aside. She even saw Slavik, Galkin and their star spirits pull off the papers and tear them apart.

Grigory walked towards her, "Are you okay?" He asked.
She ran away without saying a word. Galkin looked at her run, 'I have to do something. This can't go on anymore'

"Oh, Mr Akagi, ever since I've met you, I took a special interest in reading and literature," The school nurse blushed as she looked at Akagi.
"Is that so?" He looked into his phone.
"You're so handsome from up close," Akagi blushed. As you may recall, this man is weak against compliments.

"I love your writing style. It's so addictive."
"Sure thing." Lict and Aleksei stood behind the curtains covering the bed. Lict removed his coat and his shirt and turned back. Aleksei looked at the blemishes on his back.
"You know on this lunar eclipse, you might lose yourself."
"Will this affect Milady?"

Aleksei pressed an amulet on his back and it stuck itself to his skin.
"Now it won't. Make sure not to stay near another star spirit. You know the—"
"The curse is infective, yes."
"Alright. You can wear your clothes again."

"Can I take a bath with this on my back?"
"Oh yes. Don't worry about that. You can do everything, it won't disturb you."
"Thank you for this."
"Hey, it's my job. That's why Akagi called me."

"Akagi called you?"
"Yes, to help you. Anyways, you should get going. You have a class, right?"
"Yes." Lict walked down the stairs and reached the lockers. Grigory Andy and others had removed all those papers by then. He opened his locker and took out some books. He walked towards the stairs but suddenly saw Vierne sitting by herself on the stairs before the basketball court.

Her back was turned towards him but he recognised her. He walked towards her, "Milady, what are you doing here?" He asked.
"Go away, Lict." She seemed sad. He kept his books aside and sat in front of her,
"Did something happen, Milady?"
"...No,"
"Liar."
"I'm not lying."

"I told you, didn't I? I can tell if you're lying or not." She bit her teeth and held back her tears.
"Milady?"
"I don't know why I always... Always get hate no matter what I do."
"Is it about that day? Don't worry, Milady, all women get that—It's nothing to be ashamed of."
She looked at him

"You're never there when I need you," She said, "It's because of you that I always feel alone. Why don't you understand—The thing that I need isn't your words but you," He looked into her eyes as the cold breeze swindled through their hair. He moved closer to her and moved his fingers across her hair.

"Didn't I tell you, Milady." He smiled, "I'll come whenever you call my name. Why do you hesitate so much?"
"Because...What if you don't come?"
"I promise you that I will. Don't you trust me, Milady?"
"I do."
"Then, don't hesitate to have what's yours. I exist for you."