0 9 A Favour Uncalled For

I never knew Lict has had exes. He isn't the person he seems to be. But, when you knew about our red strings, why would you love someone who isn't fated to be with you? Or can a person have many romantic soulmates?

I was thinking about Lict ever since that talk with Melissa. Lord Akagi came into the library, where I was sitting and reading. I immediately got up and bowed. He greeted me and we both sat next to each other.

"Vierne," He called out my name and I immediately reacted, "I want to ask something about Lict."

What did Lict have to do with anything? First, it was Melissa, now Lict—Lord Akagi, I exist too!

"What is it?" I was irritated.
"Where did you meet him?"
"At a marketplace. Why would you ask that though, Lord Akagi?"

He threw a pen and a paper at the table "Write down the exact place you met him."

It was an absurd request, but I fulfilled it nevertheless. He looked at the paper and I looked at him. He got that vampire look, cold and red, and I think he knew about it. I wonder why he always wore a suit—Even in the mansion? It seemed way too formal. So, I decided to inquire.

"Why do you always wear a black suit, Lord Akagi?"
"Demigods like wearing what they represent."
"What do you represent?"
"Time."

"Pardon?"
"I can see a thing's past and time moves slower for me. So, if I want, I can appear faster to people in real-time."

Impressive. That was the Sila I wanted. How nice it would be to be able to experience those unforgettable memories again and again. Then, I asked.

"What do I represent?"
"You don't know?"
"No, should I?"
"You ought to be educated. I'll visit my old school." Lord Akagi suggested.

"Why don't you just mind your own business, sir" Lict smiled as he kept my tea on the table.
"Are you nimrod?" Lord Akagi asked.
"I've never done hunting." I couldn't be classified under such peasants!
"Not that, idiot. I'm referring to the other meaning." Akagi said.
(Nimrod has two meanings, one is a skilful hunter, the other is an inept person)

"You'll go to school. They'll teach you everything you need to know about yourself."
"I'll go too if Milady is going." Lict intervened.
"Do you know how old you are? At this time you should be in an old age home"

Exactly right, Lord Akagi! I can't believe I'm stuck with a hundred and twenty-five million-year-old man, can you believe it? Of course, you can't, you mortals!

"Whatever." Lict made an adorable pout. I mean—Not adorable, just a fine pout. It was okay. Lict couldn't convince Lord Akagi in the end. I felt like they were both equally hostile to each other. But, that might have been my imagination.

At midnight, when the market was relatively empty, Melissa and Akagi stood in the middle of the streets. Akagi slowly started walking towards the place where Vierne found Lict. He heard a few voices of people walking by, but as soon as he stepped at the place where Lict first stood, he felt an uneasiness. He felt the rain on his face, it was raining blood. When he looked up in the sky, the clouds seemed red and revolved around to make a huge hole in the sky. He looked at it. He could hear shrieks and cries.

"Milord," Melissa touched his hand and he was back to reality. Everything was quiet again. He turned towards her.

"He killed someone?" He asked and Melissa smiled sadly, "Is that what you saw?"
"It was raining blood, there was a war in the heavens. He didn't kill some deity, did he?"
"He was a monster that he killed."

It was another morning.

The next day, Lord Akagi and I went to the city of Estes, situated in the north-west. We reached a huge mansion, maybe even bigger than my own. I didn't know where I was.

"I've graduated from this school." Lord Akagi explained as we walked through the empty halls of that enormous mansion.

"Escola high school welcomes you!" Said a tall, smart-looking lady as we went inside a huge room outside which was written in bold 'Principal's office'. She had grey hair and seemed to be around fifty. She was old but oddly, she gave off a vibe of an energetic, young woman.

"It's been a while, Mrs Winston." Lord Akagi shook hands with her.
"By the way, who's the young lady we have here? Your girlfriend?"

I like this woman.

"She's Vierne Obolensky. I came here to get her enrolled. She is a demigod." Lord Akagi said plainly. I thought such things were to be kept as a secret from mortals? At least, that's what books told me.

"What does she represent?"
"She doesn't know."

Mrs Winston coughed, "How old is she again?" Please don't judge me.
"Seventeen. She hasn't been schooled, like ever."
"Oh my. This will be difficult."
"I know. That's why I'm here to you."

"She can pass only if she's a fast learner."
"It's alright. I'll personally ensure she passes everything."
"That's reassuring." Mrs Winston smiled at me. Lord Akagi will personally take care of me, listen to that, Melissa. He likes me more than you.
"Mrs Winston, do you know?" Lord Akagi took out a cig from his pocket. He took a lighter and lit it up, "The parade, the fight for crowning the next gatekeeper; it has already started."

Oh, I remember Lict told me about it.

"Have you felt something?"
"A lot actually. And I wanted to talk about it."
"Certainly."
"Vierne, why don't you go and explore the school campus?"

I was sent away but I didn't plan to listen like a fool. I wanted answers. So, I stood outside the office and pressed my head on the wall.

"I've met a cursed one." I heard Lord Akagi. Just like you, I had no idea what it meant.
"Oh God. Poor thing. It didn't hurt you?" Mrs Winton asked.
"He hasn't. But I can't guarantee about the future so I need you to do me a favour."

"Say it."

-To be continued

Melissa Where There's Lust
Dear Ms Lady Demigod