4 1 I am His Student

Vierne sat in the garden and prayed with her hands joined together. The temperature was just around the freezing of water. It was going to snow within some days as summer was coming to an end. Lict poured some water from the tap into a wooden bucket. It was cold and foggy. Vierne's eyes were closed and she was focused. Lict poured the cold water on her.

"It's freezing!" She shouted.
"It's okay, Milady." He smiled as the blood from her body washed off, "You can bear a bit of it just for a while. It will make you warmer." He poured another bucket on her and she shivered. The areas where humans had touched her were burning. She shrieked.

"Look what they did to you." Lict filled another bucket of water.
Akagi and Melissa stood at the balcony and looked at them through the fog.
"What is he doing? It seems to be really painful." Akagi asked.
"It's purification, Milord. Star spirits do that when they feel that their master's soul is contaminated."
"What if your soul is contaminated? Can we do purification?"
"No, you can't."

"Then?"
"Just kill us."
"...How messed up rules."

After a while, the burning stopped and she stopped shivering. The cold water felt warm.

"We're done." Lict wrapped a towel around her and picked her up. He took her to her room and lay her on her bed. "I don't feel cold," Vierne said as she removed her clothes while Lict stood outside her room.
"That's because when you bathe in cold water, your outside body temperature and the surrounding temperature become equal and so you lose less heat, keeping you warm."
"Do you bath like that every day?"
"Yes. I don't like hot water." Lict waited outside for a while. Then, he slowly turned red, "Milady, what about my gift?"

"Gift?"
"The parade I won,"

'Oh, the one with Akagi? Did he promise him some gift? And why am I unaware of it?'

"Milady?"
"What was the gift again?"
"You don't remember?"
"No"
"...Then, let it be. I'll wait until your eighteenth birthday."

Akagi and Melissa sat inside his room. He was working on his laptop while Melissa stared at him.

"Melissa," He looked at his screen, "Do you like me?"
"Oh?" Melissa smirked, "Of course! I love your face. That dick is just a bonus!"
"Not like that!"
"Then?"
"I mean romantically. Do you have feelings for me."

"Of course!" She wrapped her arms around his neck, "You are my master after all,"
"You like me because I'm your master?"
"Also because you're hot!"
"What if I weren't?"
"Meh, then I won't like you!"

"What if someday you meet someone hotter than me?"
"What's up with you, Milord? Are you jealous of Vierne and Lict's relationship?"
"Stop reading my mind"

Melissa laughed and pressed her cheeks on his, "Everyone has a different relationship since we all have different personalities."
"I agree."
"However, I love our relationship most,"
"Huh, good for you—"

"And if someday I meet someone hotter than you, I'll show him how unlucky he is since you're the one who still gets to have me and not him."
Akagi continued typing.
"Hey, are you listening?"
"Go away, Melissa. Stop disturbing me."

"Heh. I know you're happy after hearing that."
"I'm not. Stop flattering yourself."
"Then, I'll flatter you. Oh my lord, I dreamt of you last night and when I woke up this morning, I was drenched."
"I don't want to hear more."

"Don't you wanna know why—"
"Absolutely not."
"We had sex!"

He continued typing, "Ah, even in my dreams you're so mean. But it's fine, I like mean guys."
"You're messed up in the head"
"You ensure that it's not just my head that's messed up."
"Melissa," He turned back and she looked into her eyes, "Can't we be normal once in a while?"
"Normal?"

"Talk about anything other than sex?"
"Let's see," She pressed her fingers on his lips, "What do you want to talk about?"
He slapped her hand and looked back into his computer, "Forget I said that."
"So, I can continue talking?" She got on his shoulders and straddled her things around his neck.

"Get down, you piglet."
"Reminds me of the first time we met. You were still so strong that you could hold my weight."
"You lack meat," Akagi said.
"I'm thicker than your dick!" He shrugged her off and she fell on the floor.

"I'm doing some official work," Akagi said.
"You never work! You seem like a bum!" Melissa shouted.
"Well, I'm so sorry for looking like you," Akagi said, "And if I don't work, how do you think I get all the money to feed your fat ass? Of course, I don't run a drug racquet in the Soviet Union."
"You look like a mafia though."
He turned towards her, "What?"

Soon, she found herself out of the room and the door shut on her face.
"Huh! Fine, no sex for you tonight!"
"Wait—What?" Vierne stood outside the door.
"Oh, Vierne. Are you okay now?"
"Not anymore."

"If you have some work with Milord, I say you wear some protection?"
"Is he throwing stuff?" Vierne opened the door.
"No," Melissa grinned, "He can just fuck anything currently." Vierne walked inside the room and turned back, "What?!"

The door closed, "Wait!" Vierne pulled the doorknob.
"Why are you here now?" Akagi asked.
"Uh—Rent?"
"I paid you just three days back."

"Oh right! I just came to have a walk."

Akagi smirked, "You and I both know the room isn't big enough to take a walk. What is Lict feeding you to grow this dumb—Opium?"
"Oh yes, Lict. I have a request, Lord Akagi." Vierne said.
"What is it?"
"I want you to teach me how to fight. Not just spells but proper fist fighting."

"Lict is there for you—"
"I'm not a princess that I'd be protected by Lict at all times! I'm a demigod."
Akagi looked into her eyes, "You've had a white glove treatment and didn't move a muscle to do your own work your entire life. You can't handle physical training."

"I can! I promised Lict that I'll be strong. And I don't believe in breaking promises. I feel like I'm not going anywhere. I still don't know what I represent. Like you represent time, Melissa represents lust, Lict represents music—What do I represent? Pain? Vanity?" Vierne shook her head, "When I cried, it cleared my head and made me think how weak and vulnerable I was. I couldn't defend myself against mere mortals, forget about demons or demigods."

"That's because physical strength is not your suite," Akagi said and Vierne looked at him, "You have spiritual strength, Vierne."
"What is spiritual strength?"
"Anyone can build physical strength by working out, but spiritual strength is built on the inside. It is something which not everyone can have."

"But it's useless! It can't protect anyone!"
"You think that."
"Then, tell me how will it help me fight?" Vierne asked.
"Honestly, I don't know how it works. But, I know for sure that it's something much superior to any physical form of strength."

"So, you won't teach me how to fight?"
"Nobody taught me. Figure it out by yourself."
"But you're my teacher!"

"Yes, I am. I am your teacher, not your crutches, Vierne. I can teach you the theory, but you'll have to know how to use that in your life. After all, you're my student."

-To be continued

Akagi Scheczalier
Dear Ms Lady Demigod