3 2 Jealous You Can Sleep

"Do you want me?" Lict asked me. You know that I do then why would you ask that? Unless you want me to get down on my knees and grab you down there. Would you laugh at me if I said I did? Well, I will put you back to your place!
"No, you're just a butler. Why would I want someone like you?" I crossed my arms.
Lict chuckled, "I understand." He was already making fun of me? Thank God I didn't tell him what I felt—What an asshole of a butler!

"I thought you don't like talking about your past." He said. Wait—How did he know? Did I tell him something like that? My memory is ageing faster than my skin. Which is good, I don't want wrinkles, ever! In no world I want to age like a mortal. I'd rather kill myself before that happens! This way Lict and I can die together. Wait—What was his question?

"You said you don't like talking about your past." He repeated.
"But I want you to know about it. About why I am the way I am. I can take on the hatred of this entire world, but not yours. So, I want you to understand me, even if it means that I have to open past wounds."
"You don't have to. Star spirits have the abilities to read their master's mind."

What?! This is ridiculous!

"It isn't."

He can really read my mind!

"Yep."

Since when?! Did he hear all my thoughts?! It's okay, my thoughts aren't very indecent.

"But I want you to get down on your knees and grab me down there."

"What—" That's enough embarrassment for the day. That's why he chuckled when I said I don't want him!

"Yep."

"Stop reading my mind!" I finally shouted.
"It's not in my control. I can hear your thoughts as if you are speaking in my mind."
"...Then, stop listening to your mind!" I had gone mad.
"...Bruh." He laughed.
"Why can't I read your mind? Why are my powers so useless?!"
"You can read my mind too but only if you form a reverse contract mark."

"I need to make a sacrifice for that."
"Yes." Should I sacrifice my virginity?
"You don't have to do that. And I'll make sure that's not a sacrifice."

How so?

"I'll make sure that is something you enjoy."
"You really can read my mind! And—Stop it."
"Okay" He held my hand and looked into my eyes. I looked back in his blue eyes.

"Milady, call my name and I will come for you, I promise. I don't know for how long I can fight but if I could offer my last breath to you, then I'll fight till the very end."
"But you said you hate fighting."
"Not if it's for you. But promise me that you'll be strong too."
"I promise."

It was dark already, nearly time for dinner. He got up and left the room to prepare dinner. Honestly, I didn't want to let go of his hand. I looked at the dark sky. I wanted it to snow. It had been a while since it snowed. As I looked at the dark sky, I remembered Lict's eyes. They were blue but they had more darkness inside them than any other brown eyes I had seen. I lay on my bed. My stomach was hurting a bit. I looked at the door, waiting for Lict. Soon, my darkroom lit up with the light from the halls as the door opened.

"Milady, I've got you your dinner and the remedy."
I smelled a familiar scent. I recognised it immediately and pounced up.
"Solyanka soup!" For those of you poor souls who aren't Russian, Solyanka soup on a cold, winter night is like heaven's delight. It's thick, spicy, sweet and sour. A pleasure to my tongue. I love it!
"I know you do," He said.
"Thanks, Lict!" I gorged on the meal.

After I was done eating, he kept the plates aside and he put me to bed.
"Good night, Milady. And if you feel any discomfort or pain, just call me." Is he gonna go again? I held his hand, "But you sleep in a different room."
"I can still hear you—"
"No, sleep with me, today."