1 3 Take Me Anywhere

Melissa stretched her left arm forward and a pink square appeared before her and Akagi, engulfing both of them. Their next destination was the blank space—The first plane of the astral world. When Melissa and Akagi entered the blank space, they saw a star spirit and his demigod beside him, who was a frail and tall man of about twenty-five. They were standing on a frozen sea, probably in Antarctica with no vegetation or land around them. All they could hear was the cracking of the ice.

"What a boring place to exist." Akagi looked around.
"I'm sure we can make it interesting." The demigod shot his star spirit and Akagi shot Melissa.
"Melissa! Demolish the obstructions and engrave my way! This is an order from your master, the Lord demigod himself." The pact was formed and Melissa took out a huge axe from her pocket again.

"Zenith! Use your powers and get what's ours! This is an order from your master, the Lord demigod himself!" Their opponent, Zenith got a pair of gloves wrapped around his skinny hands.
"Gloves? Really?" Melissa smirked as she shook her head.
"Pretty, aren't they?" He pulled up his gloves.

"Unfortunately, beauty doesn't make you a win!" She ran towards him with the axe while he slammed both his hands on the ground and the entire surface of the ice turned frictionless.
"He can reduce friction."
"But, he can't stop skorost!" Melissa slipped and fell on the ice. She couldn't stand up anymore. Suddenly, cold sweat dripped down her spine and she looked up. Zenith was able to stand.

"You got it now? Akagi Scheczalier's power—Skorost, gives you the speed closest to that of light, which even the eyes cannot catch, and you utilise that to defeat your opponents within a fraction of seconds. Your axe has the power of slicing down even diamond, which is the hardest substance on earth, with just one swing. Obviously, if you mix those powers, you'll get a perfect combination of power and speed, won't you?"

"You seem to know everything about us." Akagi crossed his arms.
"That's the advantage of studying your opponent. At first, I thought, there is no way we could defeat you, but, nobody can beat the laws of physics."
Akagi laughed, "Oh my God, this is so stupid. Don't you know, physics doesn't work on those with high spirit energies."

"What?" Melissa slammed her axe on the ice floor.
"I said you seem to know everything about us—But really, do you?"
Melissa was gone, leaving behind a huge hole on the surface of the ice.

"It's nice to be prepared," Akagi said as Zenith looked around for Melissa, "But it doesn't always work. In short, we're done here." Melissa rose up from just beneath him, crashing all the ice and sliced his legs with her axe. He fell on the ground in a pool of his blood. She got up and raised her axe in the air, "Prepare to die!"

He turned towards her. His eyes were black and as soon as Melissa looked into them, she lost her vision and dropped the axe. Her eyes were bleeding and she covered them with her hands.

"Milord!" She shrieked. Lict got up and felt the heaviness in the air. His head was spinning. He realised the blank space was open too. He pressed his head and walked towards Vierne's room. His entire body felt heavy as if he were carrying a weight upon himself. He knocked at Vierne's door.

After a while, Vierne opened the door while rubbing her eyes "Do you have any idea what time it is?"
He was sweating and wheezing.
"Lict—Is everything alright?" She touched his forehead and quickly moved away, "You're so cold. I'll go get a blanket—"
"No," He grabbed her hand, "A blank space has opened."

"Just that?"
"Yes."
"Then, why are you so sick suddenly?"
"I don't know. I just woke up and felt giddy." Vierne looked at him and pressed his face, "Come with me."

Meanwhile, Akagi ran towards Melissa and moved her hands away from her eyes. She couldn't open them and they were bleeding. "You used forbidden magic?" Akagi looked at Zenith. His legs had joined back to his body already. Akagi furrowed his eyebrows, "Have you lost your mind?!" He shouted and Zenith just grinned at him.
"Melissa, let's get out of here."
"You're not going anywhere." They were surrounded by a dark cloud. Akagi held Melissa in his arms, 'We're stuck.'

Vierne laid Lict on her bed, "Calm down. I'll get some water."
Lict got up and grabbed her arm, "I have to go," He was grinding his teeth, "We have to go now!" He shouted as he looked into her eyes. She was afraid. There was something inside him. It wasn't Lict was talking anymore,
"Let's go, Lict."

Akagi could feel his energy being sucked in that smoke. He couldn't see anything as he walked. He was vulnerable to any attack. "Your eyes hold you sila, don't they?" He heard and suddenly saw two hands coming towards him. He decided to dodge them but he realised his body couldn't move anymore. He looked at the approaching fringers, "What if you don't have them anymore?"

But suddenly, he was surrounded by a golden shield and those hands couldn't pass through it. Zenith was shocked and jumped a step back "A shield?" The ice beneath grew golden with patterns that resembled musical notes. It was Lict. He and Vierne were finally there but they hadn't formed a pact yet. They walked towards Akagi and Melissa.

"You're surprisingly weak," Vierne said to Akagi.
"They used forbidden magic," Lict said.
"How do you know about it?" Akagi asked.
"I felt it," Lict replied. He pressed his fingers on Melissa's eyes and soon her eyes healed.

"Elites stars have their own level of magic." Akagi seemed impressed.
"Oh, wanna see more?" The smoke around them cleared up. Zenith took a step back but suddenly he found himself surrounded by the same golden wall which had now formed a huge arena with only Lict and Zenith within it.
"Don't touch that wall if you don't want your body shredded to pieces." Lict was glowing golden. Vierne knew he was angry. He only glowed golden when he was angry or when he was happy.

"You're golden—Music?" Zenith realised it was time to run.
"You dared to use forbidden magic, that too in a parade?"
"I'm sorry!" Zenith begged as the walls began moving towards him.
"Please, forgive me! Just one last chance—"
"Once you use forbidden magic, your soul is contaminated. So, there's no cure—"
"Please!"

"But to die."

The walls carved in and tore away his body. Vierne couldn't look at something so inhuman happen before her eyes so she looked away. Lict walked towards them, stinking of blood. The ice was strained in the blood that Lict had shed. Was this the reason why he called himself a murderer? Because this was murder. They could hear the voice of crushing ice on which Lict walked and the white smoke covered them. He reached Vierne and smiled at her.

"Let's go back."

-To be continued

Melissa Where There's LustDear Ms Lady Demigod

Dear Ms Lady Demigod