6 7 Just Another Monster Of War

It was time to see what I could do. All I had was my Sila. I only had one week or maybe even less. I decided to sleep properly that night as I wouldn't be sleeping for a while. I was thinking about Lict, about me, about us and I don't know when I fell asleep.

When I woke up, Melissa was sitting upon me. Wait—How dare she?! I woke up with a jolt and Melissa landed on the floor. Serves her right! I'm nobility—Me talking to her should be enough of a reason for her to cry.

"Get dressed," Lord Akagi said, "We're leaving for school," I forgot that I was at Evgeni's house. I quickly took a bath and got dressed in a lentik that Evgeni's mother had sent for me. I missed Lict every second. I met Evgeni's parents and bowed before them as a gesture of gratitude before we left. Evgeni sat in the car while I stood outside it. It was raining that day and I had an umbrella with me.

Why am I going to school? Why were we wasting time? "Lord Akagi, my training,"
"Yes," Lord Akagi said from inside and looked at my boots "Follow the car," Till where? He closed the door and the car moved ahead.

I ran after them. I could run. My feet were used to running. I had trained with Lict. But the road was wet and I was wearing boots, it was difficult to run. They were leaving me behind as I slowed down.

Melissa looked at me as I ran, "Aren't we being too harsh on her?"
"Could this car go faster?"
He wanted to kill me! Well, sorry that I don't have skorost. I got irritated and removed my boots. I ran barefoot, with my boots in my hands. Honestly, that was easier but painful.

My feet were cracking and healing in the rainwater. But I could feel pain, which meant I was going on the right path. You only feel pain when you're changing something inside yourself. I reached the school and fell into the mud. But I had done it. Lord Akagi walked out of the car and looked down at me. Melissa stood beside him with an umbrella.

"I guess the warmup is done,"
Warmup?! This was warmup?
He smirked, "Tired already?"
Oh hell, you're challenging me? I was tired but not my pride. I smirked, "Of course not,"
"Come with me," We went towards a tree in the school garden and stood under it.

"That tree, jump and pluck the leaf without moving the branch—That's how accurate you have to be," Akagi told me. Well, that is easy.

I jumped up and grabbed the leaf. I pulled it as I came down and the entire branch came down with me.
"I said it shouldn't move,"
I realised that training was going to be much harder than I thought.

He asked me to punch into the fire with so much strength that the flame shifts away from me and doesn't burn me.
"What if I burn?"
"Heal and continue." He is heartless.
Every time my fist would burn, Melissa would throw water at me.

He blindfolded me and asked me to fight Lobelia by just sensing her spirit energy. Of course, she didn't hold back and I ended up breaking my nose. I had to attend my class next. I was studying and training.

I met Slavik and Galkin. They asked me how the ball went and I decided to tell them the truth. I thought I should trust them and maybe it was the right decision. They said they'd help me face Lict. I decided to keep it a secret from Maximus. He couldn't fight with his Sila anyways.

I told Lord Akagi that Slavik and Galkin would help too and guess what—Now I don't feel like I'm suffering alone. I have two other people running behind a car with me.

We all trained hard while Evgeni sat on a chair and stared at us since he couldn't do much physical work. I didn't meet Grigory for those few days. I just hoped he'd understand what I was going through.

At night, I studied new magic spells and practised them while during the day, I trained physically. I was using spirit energy to keep me going. My whole body was hurting and my mind was falling apart but I just had to hold on! It was my star spirit, my responsibility and so my strength was needed.

I fought more practice parades and I fought them without Lict. I could defeat Slavik and Galkin without Lict's help. I was afraid because I was becoming independent of Lict and my body was telling me that I don't need him anymore but I knew I had to fight to save my own kind from him.

Lobelia punched me in the gut while I was blindfolded and I grabbed her arm. I pulled her towards me and punched her on her chin. She fell on the ground. My body was not comfortable with me fighting, I could feel it, but it's only after you walk out of your comfort zone that you began to grow.

I could pluck hundreds of leaves without moving another leaf on the branch, my fist stopped burning in fire and my blood boiled. The wounds went deeper and healed.

I didn't notice this at first but every time my body heals, it turns harder and stronger like a dragon's skin. And with every punch, my veins turn hotter, my eyes go bluer and my heart grows number.

"What am I now? Just another monster of war," I told Evgeni as we sat before the rose garden with Lord Akagi. "If this continues, I will be stronger but will I be Vierne?"

He looked into my eyes, "You're thinking too much,"
"Right? I think a lot. I think about problems that might not even happen but then something tells me—What if they do? What I become someone everyone is afraid of?"

"The sun doesn't give a fuck if it blinds you. It will shine whether you like it or not. Be that, Vierne. Stop caring so much if people are afraid of you or not. You need to make a demon fear you," Lord Akagi said.

"I will never be afraid of you though," Evgeni said and I looked at him, "For me, you'll always be that one flower that people thought had gone extinct but after a few hundred years, it bloomed. And it's just so beautiful that now everyone wants it,"

I don't want to be a flower that was picked up for its beauty and left alone to die when it withered. I want to be so wild that no one can find me even in the greatest depths of a forest, so poisonous that no one can make me an antidote and so dangerous that they think twice before they reach out to me. I want to be someone who is impossible to forget. And if a flower like that exists, that's what I am.

"Stop comparing yourself to a monster."
"I wonder who decided this?" I asked.
"Decided what?"
"That monsters bad."
"Why would you ask something so controversial?" Lord Akagi asked, "Yet so true,"

-To be continued

Lict The hour of MusicDear Ms Lady Demigod

Dear Ms Lady Demigod