7 6 The Next Gatekeeper

"Maks, we are clearing the fire." Aleksei got up and so did Maks with all the books in his hands, "But how? It's a magic fire." He asked.
"First, we get rid of those," Aleksei took the books from Maks and threw them outside the window. They landed on the snow. Then, he turned towards Maks, "Maks, Vyzov forma dva,"
Maks turned into a bow and an arrow. Aleksei took the bow and the arrow and looked ahead, "Rebellion pasher" He released the arrow and wherever it went, the fire disappeared.

"How?" Maks thought as he reached back to Aleksei. Aleksei stretched him back on the string of the bow, "It's a magic fire--We can just cancel out the magic." Aleksei smirked.
"I didn't think of that,"
"That's why I'm the demigod here," He left the arrow again and Maks went through the hallways and Aleksei ran after him. Slowly, all the fire inside the mansion dried down and they ran out of the door.

Vierne and Grigory reached Lict. Every demon moved aside when they saw Viktor.
"You've contracted quite a strong demon," Vierne said.
"I guess I have," Grigory laughed nervously.
Lict was surrounded by demons, his body was dark and covered with blight.
"He's possessed," Viktor smiled, "Do you want me to kill him?" Grigory turned towards Vierne.

"I'll do it," She looked at the sky, "You close that portal to the demon realm,"
She ran towards Lict with Lobelia in her hand. Viktor went up into the sky and began closing the portal with his magic. Grigory stood down and looked at him. Vierne swung the dagger, the light was less bright but it worked. All the demons moved away from Lict. Vierne moved closer and was devastated by what she saw. They were eating him away. His hands were gone and so were his legs.

"Vierne! Kill him right now!" Lobelia said.
"Lict," Vierne moved closer to him, "What have they done to you?"
"Vierne, no!" Vierne touched Lict's face, "I know you can still hear me. You don't have to talk, just listen. There's not a lot I want to say except that...Please come back, I miss you...

I love you,"

Lict smiled and rose his head. His eyes were just like Viktor's eyes, "You don't love me," His throat had two voices. One was his own, the other one was of a woman. So, it was a female demon that possessed him, "Nobody loves demons." His hands grew out blackish red, and so did his legs. He pushed her and she went flying towards the stone table on the other end of the lawn.

Vierne slowly got up as Lict walked towards her. He made a black sword out, "I'll mark my reign with your death!" He swung the sword at her but she defended herself by the dagger above her head, "You say as if it'd be easy," She looked at him. She pushed him back and ran towards him, they both fought while Viktor closed the portal.

But the demons who had crossed the portal had to be killed.
"Viktor!" Grigory shouted as many demons surrounded him. Viktor killed all the demons that seemed like a threat to his master. It soon began snowing harder.

Lict lost his sword and Vierne pressed the dagger on his neck, "Nobody loves demons, huh? But Lict, in the very depths of hell, don't demons love one another?" Lict looked into her eyes. He made a golden ball of magic between his palms. Vierne moved away from him.

"I don't need love!" He threw it at her. Vierne swung the dagger and the silver light collided with the golden ball. Vierne was deep in thoughts, to kill him or cure him.

'Cure means the spirit energy of the goddess who created him, but she was dead. The blue roses that thrived on her spirit energy were dead too, what now? Wait—The soil has the spirit energy, that's why the roses grown out of it had it too! So it was in the soil, not the roses.'

The dagger broke into pieces and fell on the floor. The golden ball overpowered the silver light and came towards Vierne. She jumped away from the ball and ran towards the rose garden.

Vierne stopped at the garden and looked around. She was there but didn't know what to do, slowly, the fog cleared, paving a way towards the pond. Her gaze stopped at the pond and she realised the soil met the pond, so apart from the roses, the pond was another source of the spirit energy.

Vierne ran towards it and leaned over it. Lict reached her, "Is this where you want to die?" Vierne turned towards him and he smirked. She grabbed his collar and kissed him on his lips, transferring the pond water into his mouth. He swallowed it and as soon as he did, his body caught fire.

"You're gonna burn to ashes! Move away from him," Aleksei shouted as he and Maks ran towards them with the books in their hands.

'I am those ashes that were left in the cold but now I have learnt to run towards the fire and raise heaven of death ruled by the devil.'

She took in his curse and began shining blue. As the demon went inside her body, Lict's body turned from black to golden and Vierne's body turned from blue to black. She moved her lips away from him and looked into his eyes.

"We are both going to hell," She moved away and looked up at the sky. The blight began burning off from her skin and she clenched her teeth to bear the pain. She groaned.

'Demigods are purification vessels.'

The demon inside her exorcised while she heard her shrieks inside her body. Her body purifying itself, the purplish-black blight on her skin disappeared, leaving behind the blue glow. And finally, her skin was back to normal. 

Lict looked at her. She slowly walked towards him and hugged him tightly,
"You have given me so much pain ever since we've met." She whispered into his ear, "You took away everything from me in the name of love--Even the little humanity left within me is gone.

This is where we stand today, among the dead on a battlefield of betrayal. It cost me so much to have you around my arms like this. You're the worst of anyone I've ever met," Tears left her eyes, "But I,"

"I still want you, Lict,"

He smiled and hugged her back, "I want you too, Vierne," Vierne suddenly moved away, "My hand hurts,"
It was glowing golden and the red thread surrounded both of them,
"Wow," Aleksei looked at them.

The light slowly wrote "Lict" on her palm, "What is this?" She said.
Lict's eyes widened, "It's a reverse contract mark,"

"It is more than that," Lady Ivsana walked towards them and Lict and Maks bowed. Grigory and Viktor looked at her.
"You saved all of us," She smiled.
"Sorry, do I know you?" Vierne asked.
Aleksei looked at her,

"Why is a goddess here?"
"To congratulate the next gatekeeper," She looked at Vierne.
Lict looked up at her, "Did we win the parade?"
"One of you will,"

She looked aside. Evgeni sat with Lobelia's broken pieces into his hands. His body was covered with blood and blight.

"Evgeni!" Vierne shouted. He had survived it!
"Of course. I just need to see who wins, Evgeni or Vierne,"

-To be continued

Lict The hour of MusicDear Ms Lady Demigod

Dear Ms Lady Demigod