3 0 Vengeance

Akagi was sitting inside the faculty office, trying to talk to his editor while other teachers were having their lunch, talking and laughing. "The number you have dialled is not responding, please try again later."

'Fuck you, phonemic lady! I've been trying for the past fifteen minutes, now I'm going to beat the crap out of him and make him unresponsive to anything.' Akagi was boiling because his editor had again fixed a meeting of him with some other author without his consent.

Then, he called the publishing house, "Sir, is it possible that I block my editor's number?" Someone on the other side said something but Akagi couldn't hear it because of all the commotion the other teachers were creating.

"Excuse me, what? I couldn't hear you—Can you people shut up?!" He finally shouted at the other teachers, "I'm trying to do some work here."
"Can't you just go outside?"
"It's even louder outside given that those students have their break and I'm not in a mood to kill anyone currently so don't make me develop such a mood."

"You talk like a homicide."
"I know right? I might be one too. That's what happens when you're forced to do a job." Akagi said.
"Show some respect to your colleagues—"
"Respect has never been my strong suit.  I hate people," Akagi got up and walked out of the staff room.

"Wow, he's quite a man..."
"He's a shit,"

That night, Akagi went to another talk show—Thanks to his editor. Vierne prepared the food, laid the table and put her laundry to dry. After she and Melissa were done eating, Melissa did the dishes while Vierne went to Lict's room. She had mopped the floor of the entire mansion that morning and her back was hurting after all that work. She wasn't used to the housework but she did it because she had no other choice.

She looked at the book Grigory gave her as she sat beside Lict. Then, she kept it aside and looked at him. He had a slight blemish on his neck, "Are you going to leave too, Lict? We made a contract. You were supposed to be there forever but I'm losing you and I can do nothing to stop it."

She pressed her head over his chest—Right above his contract mark—And closed her eyes. His warm skin and his heartbeats seemed like a lullaby. Vierne remembered the lullaby her mother used to sing to her. Some faint voices and lyrics played inside her mind as she fell asleep.

Lict's contract mark slowly began glowing bright golden and the light spread to his body as his veins glowed goldenly. As all his wounds began healing and they appeared on Vierne's body instead. He opened his eyes and looked at her face. He moved her aside and got up. Her wounds were now healing slowly but he realised that he was hurting her and couldn't bear to see that. He patted her head gently, "This has to stop," He whispered, "But I don't want it to."

Vierne woke up to the smell of lavenders. She opened her eyes and found herself in her bed. It was morning already. As soon as the clock struck seven, the door to her room opened and Lict walked inside with a kettle filled with lavender tea and a Lomonosov cup and plate.
"Good morning, Milady. I see you're up by yourself today." He smiled and kept the tray on the table. Vierne stared at him as he poured the tea into the cup, "Do you know, Milady," He turned towards her, "Lavender tea is the best pain reliever—"

She jumped at him and he fell on the bed, "Milady, the tea—"
She hugged him tightly, "Milady? Is everything alright?"
"It wasn't. But now, it might be."
He smiled, "The tea is getting cold,"

Vierne sat at the table near the balcony and enjoyed her morning tea as Lict played a soothing violin piece for her. He prepared the bath and after she took a bath, she found her food ready on the dining table. She ate it and walked back to her room. She took her books while Lict brushed her hair.