1 7 The Rose Is Dead

Aleksei and Akagi passed through the gate and walked towards the mansion. Suddenly, he stopped and looked aside at the rose garden. He walked towards it and Akagi followed him. He sat on his haunches and looked at the roses.
"Blue roses. These are rare." Aleksei reported.
"Indeed, they are." Maks agreed.
"I never thought I'd find these here."

"Why?" Akagi asked.
"This species of rose has been extinct for centuries now."
"I didn't know Vierne held such treasures. I'm pretty sure she doesn't know that either."

"Can I take one home?"
"Yeah sure. I don't think she would mind." Aleksei snapped the stem near a node and picked up the rose. The sky was beginning to turn dark.
"Seems like it's going to rain soon. I'll come back some other day when the weather is clearer."
"Alright,"

Akagi locked the mansion and left for the school. He went to the staffroom to fetch some books and then reach his class. Meanwhile, Vierne and Lict chatted with the other two demigods.
"My Sila is fire. So is Belka's Magixiya. Cool, right?" Slavik bragged.
"You both have the fire element?" Lict asked.
"Pacts are stronger with the same elements!"

"That's true," Lict admitted.
"What's your sila?" Slavik asked Vierne.
"It's called 'break'. I can break anything I touch into small pieces."
"You guys must be strong," Belka stated.
"Not really," Lict chuckled nervously.

"Hey, Gavril! Join us," Slavik ordered, "He always sits away from everyone."
"Do you know each other for a while?" Vierne asked.
"We're childhood buddies. Aye! Gavril!" Gavril ignored him as he made his notes. Slavik went to Gavril and took his notebook, "Let's see."

"Hey! Give it back." Gakin rose up.
"Learning about spells—"
"Slavik!"
"Seriously, you're learning spells? Boring. Who needs spells when you have a Sila?"

"You're overconfident and that always leads to a man's downfall."
"But I'm a demigod so it'll be fine."

Vierne looked at Nadia.
"She's creepy," Vierne mumbled.
"Nadia?" Belka heard her, "She has selective mutism, she doesn't talk."
"I see."

"Slavik! Dude, where did you keep my book?" Galkin looked under his desk.
"Eh?" Slavik looked at him.
"You borrowed my book on the Astral world last week."
"Yeah,"
"When will I get it back?"

"Never maybe?"
". . .Care to elaborate."
"I accidentally burnt it."
"What?! You—"

"What's going on?" It was Akagi. He had the attendance register on his shoulder and a cigarette in his mouth. Everyone stood up and bowed. Vierne thought that she should stand up too.

"Sit down, you rats, or I'll massacre each one of you," Akagi said.
"Good morning to you too, uchi!" Slavik smiled and everyone sat down while Vierne stood up. She flushed red with embarrassment and sat down again. Akagi opened the attendance register while Slavik walked towards him and rested his arms on the teacher's table.

"You're new I suppose?" He asked.
"Yes," Akagi replied without looking up.
"What will you teach?"
"Magic."
"Theory or practical?"

"Theory."
"Dude, boring! I hate magic theory. It's a thing to practice not to learn from books."
"People like you are killed the earliest in a movie."
"Nobody can kill me!" Suddenly, he felt a gun on his head,
"It'll take me a second to prove that wrong," Akagi said.

"You can't kill a student," Slavik laughed nervously.
"The school campus is large enough to hide a dead body. Go sit on your seat and think twice before you approach me again"
"Yes Uchitel," Slavik ran towards his seat and sat quietly.

After the attendance was over, Akagi told them to stand up and introduce themselves.
"Uchitel, aren't you supposed to introduce yourself first?" Slavik had a genuine question.
"I must know your name," Akagi narrowed his eyes.
"I'm Slavik Tsaryov!"
"Alright Slavik, I'm Akagi Scheczalier."