1 5 You've Been Lying

"How can you see demons?"
"My eyes can see the memories of an object. Those objects have seen victims of demons."
"Who is the victim?"
"An elite star."

The clouds grumbled and Aleksei kept his teacup aside.

"Let me guess, Music?"
"How did you know?" Akagi asked.
"I heard some rumours while passing through the Astral world. Of how Music committed a murder and was punished with 'The Wrath of the Gods.'" Aleksei informed him.

"Wrath of the gods is a curse. There's nothing demonic in that." Akagi said.
"But Music was cursed—So how can he be possessed? Maybe they are all rumours." Maks said.
"It's not a rumour," Akagi interrupted, "He did kill someone."

"Who was it?"
"A gatekeeper."
"How do you know that?"
"Because my star spirit saw that happening before her eyes."
"She knew him in the past?"
"Yes."

Aleksei looked at his cup and then at Maks. He nodded in confirmation.

"When is your place empty?"
"Tomorrow. Vierne will go to school tomorrow with him, I'll send Melissa with them."
"Alright. I'll come there after they leave. Meet me at the entrance."
"Okay."

"Alright, can we talk a little about work-related stuff?" Mrs Winston finally spoke up.
"Work?"
"We're running out of staff for demigod students."
"I'll look for a demigod."
"You don't have to do that. I have a plan."

"Put in your two cents."
"I'd be in seventh heaven if you teach magic theory to the students!"
"Mrs Winton, perhaps you didn't take your medicines today,"
"Would you do it?"

"Never in a million years, I would want a nine-to-five job"
"The pay is good."
"I'm satisfied with what I earn already."

"The work environment will be friendly."
"I hate making friends."
"Kids will respect you."
"Mrs Winston in what world does a kid respect his teacher?"

"You can make them respect you."
"You wouldn't like my ways."
"Are you in?"
"Absolutely not."

"Well, Aleksei you know, when Akagi was still in college, he once called me out of the blue and do you know what he said?"

"I'll work!" Akagi shouted.
"But you are satisfied with what you earn." Mrs Winston snickered.
"Extra money is always good!"

"You hate making friends."
"I can learn to socialise!"

"Kids won't respect you."
"I'll kill any bastard who doesn't. Can I count myself fucking hired?"

"...Yeah, the last one was not very satisfying but we'll work on that."
"Now I remember why I didn't respect you," Akagi muttered.
"We have made some golden memories together."
"I wish memories could be set on fire."

"I love you so much honey," She squealed, "Alright then, you can take magic theory while Melissa can take the practical classes."
"Don't drag Melissa into this—She has got nothing to do with it."
"She's your star spirit, she has got everything to do with you."

"Dang." Aleksei took a sip of his tea. Akagi drove back home. The storm had calmed down a bit, but it was not over yet. When Akagi reached the mansion, he got down on the wet ground and pushed the gate open. He could feel the heaviness within. They all sat in the dining room. Lict was serving the food while Melissa and Vierne were busy eating.

Akagi grabbed his arm, "Come with me."
"Where?" Lict asked.
"To your room."
"But why now—" Akagi dragged him out of the dining room. Vierne and Melissa looked at them.

Vierne continued eating while Melissa looked at her,
"What?"
"Don't you just love it when two men seem to grow closer?" Melissa winked.
"Friendship is nice."
"You know what I mean."

Vierne stopped eating.
"Do you wanna see what's up? Or what is getting up?"

Akagi opened the door and looked inside Lict's room. It was still the same aura, it wasn't stronger there. Maybe Lict wasn't the source of the aura then? Now Akagi even began doubting if Lict was a demon. So, he decided to confirm it from up close.

"Why are we here?" Lict asked but Akagi just pushed him inside and closed the door. Lict fell on his bed and turned towards Akagi.
"What is this?" Lict frowned.
Akagi lit his cigarette "Strip."
"I knew you weren't safe to keep around. I'll ask Milady to throw you out immediately, just you wait—" Lict got up and grabbed the doorknob but Akagi slammed his hand on the door, "You can tell it to her later."

"This is harassment"
"Why? It's just a shirt. You're a man so I don't think you have anything to hide there, or do you—Mister woman?" Lict glared at him and removed his shirt. "Here, fine?!" He shouted. Akagi saw that his name was engraved on his chest.

"You have your contract mark on your chest?" Akagi asked.
"Yes." Lict began wearing his shirt back. Akagi pulled it away from him, "Turn back."
Lict looked at him, "Wha—Why?"
"I need to check something."

"Don't make me a part of your weird fetishes." Lict grabbed his shirt back. Akagi kept his cigarette in his mouth and grabbed Lict's neck and slammed his face on the bed. He looked at his back but there was nothing there anymore. It was a plain and normal back. Lict began glowing golden so Akagi left him.

"Well, guess you're not very strong—"
"What is your problem?! You've been after my life ever since you've come here! What did I ever do to you?!"
"It's not about you."
"Maybe to you isn't! I don't want to hate a demigod so don't force me to." Lict opened the door and saw Vierne and Melissa standing out of his room.

He looked at Vierne and walked down the stairs.
"Milord, did you do something hot?"
"You're the only person I don't wanna see right now."

Vierne looked at the stairs as Melissa and Akagi talked. Lict stood in the rose garden, looking at the dried fountain. He shuddered from the cold and rubbed his hands together. Vierne threw a sweater at him, "That works better than hands."
"Milady."

Vierne came closer to him and stood beside him.
"Wear it." Lict put it on and looked at the water fountain.
"This is a place where I've spent most of my time in my childhood." Vierne smiled.
"Oh yes, you told me about that, Milady."

"Lict, can you play the violin?" Lict made a violin out of the air and rested his chin on it. Vierne looked at him as he played a piece.

As he played it, Akagi and Melissa came to the balcony and looked at them. Once he was done playing, Vierne clapped and so did Melissa. Lict looked up at them, but upon looking at Akagi, his expression turned sour and he looked at Vierne.

"You're so good at it, Lict! What other musical instruments can you play?"
"Everyone of them. I can even play an entire orchestra."
"I'd love to hear that someday."

Lict smiled. Akagi looked at him.
"By the way, Lict. You cleaned up the entire mansion but not this place. Is there a reason for it?"
"I just," Lict hesitated, "Don't feel very comfortable here."

Akagi's eyes widened.

"Why?"
"It feels a bit heavy around here."
"I don't feel anything like that."
"I'm a little sensitive to my surroundings."
"I see."

'So it's not related to Lict or maybe he's just lying. Lict, honestly what are you?'

-To be continued

Maks Dear Ms Lady Demigod

Maks 
Dear Ms Lady Demigod